~Chapter 6~

*Dimitri Lovardo's POV*

(BEFOREHAND AT THE COLLEGE)

I had an hour before my class came in. I was sitting at my desk, I had a huge pile of paperwork sitting in the corner on top of my desk. I have to type up a worksheet and make 34 copies of the worksheet before the people that were usually in my class arrived. I had only 32 people in the class that I taught. I always made 2 extra copies just in case new people came or in case people needed a new sheet.

This college professor job was putting me on edge and was stressing me out. Why didn't I agree to have a PTA (Personal Teaching Assistant)? Oh, wait I know why now, I didn't get one because I thought I didn't need one. I couldn't think straight right now. My mind was on this one girl's name.

Naomi Knight.

Her name had always sent pleasurable chills down my spine. I wanted to meet her, I wanted to know her likes and her dislikes, I wanted to be different around her than I was in my past. In my past, I was arrogant and rude. I didn't care about anything or anyone except for myself. 3 years ago was when it all started to go downhill.

My parents died in an accident about 3 years ago and that's where everything began. I was mad at the world. I was mad at myself. I had blamed everyone even though they had no part in it. I was pulled out of my thoughts when the college students entered the room and started to fill in the seats. I had the worksheet created but now all I needed was the 34 copies of it. I put my shirt microphone on my shirt and began to speak.

"Jarrod, can you go to the office and ask for 34 copies of this worksheet, please?" I asked well more like told him to do it. 

"Yes sir," He said as he took the sheet from me and headed to the office.

"Alrighty, class. Today, we will be doing work out of the book and you will have a worksheet to go with it very shortly once Jarrod comes back with those copies" I said.

Everyone groaned at the assignment. Shortly after I said that Jarrod came back and handed me the 34 copies. I called him over and told him what I told the class and he groaned as well and I chuckled at everyone's response. I told him to hand out the papers to everyone and said there should be 2 extras. 

I didn't want to be here today. After this class, I am going to go visit Naomi Knight.

(30 Minutes later and I'm at her high school)

Before I got out of my car I fixed my clothes and my tie and I wanted to look presentable to her. I got out of my car and headed to the school doors. Once I was in front of the school doors I took a breath to calm my nerves. I opened the door and walked in. Once I was inside, I said my spell to make myself turn invisible to everyone except for her, she could see me, talk to me and touch me as if as I was visible.

I closed my eyes and concentrated, I tried to sense her and she was near me. She was only a few doors down from where I stood and I smiled. I was anxious to see her but then at the same time, I was scared. What if she didn't like me or what if she didn't want me? What would I do then? Go back home? No...well maybe.

I walked down the hallway and turned towards the room. The door was left wide open and I could see her very clearly. I walked forward and leaned my body in the doorway and they were doing roll call. She zoned out until finally the teacher was about to say her name but I said it instead. The teacher and everyone else around me couldn't hear me, only she could so the teacher still said her name but she didn't hear it.

The only words she heard was mine and that's when I said her name again. 

"Naomi Knight," I said and her head slowly turned towards me as if my name was familiar to her.