Chapter 23

Nick's POV

It was the week before our beach vacation we were in the process of packing there was just one thing that needed to be done. I hadn't found the ring to propose with yet finding the second ring was a lot harder this ring was our starting over this ring was my chance to do this relationship ten thousand times better than last time. We were stronger than ever and I was committed to Mal I was going to give her my everything this time, I walk through the jewelry store looking through the cases carefully making sure I didn't miss anything I stop when I see a black ring with a diamond in the center and smaller ones in the band. The ring was perfect for Mal I knew this was the one I buy the ring then start thinking about what to say.

Mallory's POV

I look through my closet carefully choosing clothes to take with me to the beach house I had some shorts, t-shirts, and tank tops packed now I was looking for a few more outfits. I grab two pairs of heels then pack them, I pick a few different swim suits and pack them as well then I step back over to the closet and continue looking for different clothes. I was nervous and excited about this trip I knew that we needed the time together this time it would be just us and one else I know we had worked everything out but I knew this would bring us closer together. I choose a few dresses then pack them as well few more days to go then we could head to the beach.

Kevin's POV

Kristin and I along with the boys fly down to Franklin to babysit Jack and Katherine while Nick and Mal go on their vacation. I help Nick load their bags in the car while Mal and Kristin sit inside and talk about how things go for Jack and Katherine like their favorite foods, bed time schedule and things like that. I look over at Nick "Ready for your vacation?" He looks at me with a smile on his face "I'm excited the two of us really need this trip after everything happened. I'm going to propose to her again." That was great news I was happy for Nick. I was glad he wanted to get it right they loved each other and they should be together.

Kristin's POV

"Katherine likes the lavender bubble bath it helps her sleep at night, don't get water in Jack's ears he hates that and it kind of freaks him out." I smile this would be her first time away from them and I could tell that she was nervous about it. "Yes Mal you told me and Kevin and I can handle we have two boys of our own we know what we are doing." Kevin hears my comment and he laughs then walks over and stands next to me. "It's okay Mal we've got this you and Nick get out of here and go have some fun." She takes a deep breath then her and Nick hug and kiss Jack and Katherine then they get in the car and leave.

Nick's POV

I look over at Mal as she looks out the window of the jet I was excited about this trip. Going to the beach house was the best chance for us to have privacy and the time alone that we needed, on our trips to Charleston and Seabrook in the past no one bothered us and I didn't get stopped by fans. This is what we needed I couldn't wait to propose to her again I know that I had put her through a lot that had hurt her but I had changed over the last few months I didn't want to hurt her ever again hopefully she would say yes when I asked her. The two of us starting over especially with this was great because during all of this I had fell in love with her all over again.