Chapter 31

Nick's POV

I pull Mal close to me then wrap my arms around her she wraps her arms around my neck then lays her head on my shoulder. The music begins and we start dancing I kiss the side of her neck "Take my hand take my whole life too for I can't help falling in love with you." She looks up at me with a gorgeous smile on her face. I lean in then kiss her she kisses back I pull away then look at everyone watching us the guys, their wives, my brother and his girlfriend, Mal's family I was glad we did this in front of everyone. The song ends then I walk over to Katherine while Mal gets Jack then we start dancing with the kids.

Howie's POV

We all enjoy the party and stay for hours the speeches happen during dinner Kevin goes first, then Brian and when he ends his speech I walk up to the stage. I look at Nick and Mallory sitting together "I really tried on this speech but I couldn't come up with anything so I'm just going to go with it." Everyone laughs then I start. "The two of you have been through a lot to get here today I don't know how many people could have worked it out but you did. I really think the two of you can make it through anything I wish you both the best and I hope you have a long life and a lot of kids together I wish you the best." Everyone claps then I go sit down.

Mallory's POV

When the reception ends I go with all of the girls they help me out of my dress and Ro takes my hair down so I don't pull it out. I change clothes then put on a white pair of shorts and a black tank top that as a skull with purple butterflies on it I find a comfortable pair of flip flops then meet with Nick. He kisses me then wraps his arms around my waist I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck, we give Jack and Katherine hugs and kisses we promise to call them every day while we are gone. Nick and I leave the house then we drive to the airport I was excited because this was a surprise Nick hadn't told me where we were going.

Nick's POV

I walk through the jet once we've been in the air for a while I smile when I see Mal stretched out in one of the seats. I find a blanket then lay it over her she yawns then curls up deeper under the blanket I lean down then kiss her head I sit down and look over at her she was officially my wife again. I look down at my new wedding ring take it off then see an engraving I hold up the ring and see the words I love you written in gold I slide the ring back on then give Mal another glance. This was my second chance to spend the rest of my life making her happy and I would do whatever it took to do that.

Mallory's POV

I yawn then wake up and look around the room Nick must have carried me in when we made it here last night. I look over at Nick sleeping I smile then kiss his shoulder I get out of bed walk out on the porch and start watching the sun rise over the lake the view was beautiful. Our second honeymoon was at a small cabin in the mountains everything was good again I was happy to be here with Nick I hear the door open I turn around and see a sleepy looking Nick walking toward me. He wraps his arms around my waist when he speaks his voice is rough and husky "Morning Ms. Carter." I wrap my arms around his neck then look up at him. "Morning Mr. Carter." He pulls me closer then kisses me we were off to a good start.