Chapter 25

Kevin's POV

The days with our boys plus Jack and Katherine go really well we take them to the park, they go swimming, I even camp outside in the yard with Mason, Maxwell, and Jack. Kristin takes Katherine out for a girl's day they go shopping, get their nails done, go to a Spa, they stop at McDonald's for lunch so Katherine can play outside, we manage to keep them busy so they aren't too upset about Mal and Nick being gone. It wasn't bad without the dogs but every now and then I can tell that they missed them Kristen and I enjoy being with all the kids we all thought of each other as family so getting to have time with our "niece and nephew" was important to us.

Howie's POV

I sit outside on the porch pull out my phone then call Nick to see how things were going with the vacation and the proposal. I push call then wait on him to answer and he does a few minutes later "Hey Howie." "Hey Nick how's it going?" When he starts telling me I can tell how happy and excited he is. "Things are great Howie the two of us are having a really great time I love being alone with her." I was glad that the two of them were having a good time they needed this trip. "That's great have you proposed yet?" he takes a deep breath then sighs "No not yet I'm waiting for the perfect moment." He needed to ask her soon we talk a little longer then hang up hopefully he would find that perfect moment.

Nick's POV

Today was the day I was going to propose to Mal I was nervous and I felt a little sick. I start thinking to myself maybe I should wait, what if I messed up during the proposal what if I ended up hurting her again that was something I didn't want to do. I can't do this what if she says no? I take a deep breath then take a few minutes to just calm down what was I thinking? We're married this is a renewal my chance to get this right and for the two of us to have a better relationship. I can do this I go outside then start getting everything ready for the proposal later hoping she would say yes.

Mallory's POV

That afternoon Nick and I go for a walk on the beach I could tell that there was something on his mind but I wasn't sure on what was making him so nervous and fidgety. We keep walking and get a few feet away from the house he stops then turns around and looks at me "I love you Mal you and our kids mean everything to me you're my whole world I can't live without the three of you. I'm so sorry for what I did I promise that I'm going to do whatever it takes to make it up to you, I'll spend the rest of my life making you happy I want us to be together forever." I feel the tears start forming in my eyes. I couldn't believe that Nick was proposing again I was happy I knew this time it would work out. He takes a few steps then gets on one knee and I see will you marry me written in the sand this proposal was perfect. I look at him then smile "yes." He puts the ring on my finger then stands up I kiss him then wrap my arms around his neck he kisses back then wraps his arms around my waist this time we were going to get it right.

Nick's POV

She was going to marry me again I was happy and thrilled. I couldn't wait I knew that this time I wouldn't mess up I look down at her then run my hands up and down her waist then look at her and she's smiling she starts running her fingers through my hair "You're quiet Nick." I hadn't noticed until she pointed it out. "I'm happy I was afraid that you were going to say no." "It hasn't been easy I'm not blaming you I love you and I want to be with you this time we can make it I trust you." I didn't deserve that. Her trust , her love, I didn't deserve her or another chance I was never going to break her trust again I couldn't handle losing her.