Akira X Blind! Reader

LuckyShards I hope you enjoy!

Your parents had always told you not to look directly at the sun, but you couldn't help it, you were a rebel, no one could tell you what to do! How dare that fiery, celestial Golden globe in the sky mock you every day shining Ray's of sunlight and happiness down on everyone. It's practically begging you to stare at it! You knew you would have to pay the ultimate price to look at the floating fiery morning star, but you didn't care anymore. "You think your better than me sun!?" You shouted at the bright orange orb in the sky. Well you did it, you had a staring contest with the sun and lost, now your blind...
"Damn I can't believe I lost..."

Just kidding that's not what happened. You were born blind, but that was the story you liked to tell people. You didn't want people to feel bad for you because you were blind so you would tell that story as a joke. To bad no one understood your humor and would think you were weird instead. You grew up with an admittedly lonely life, if your blindness didn't make people uncomfortable your weirdness sure did. You were fine with being alone at this point in life, you were alone in the darkness and you were fine with it.

At least that's what you thought until the fateful day you met Akira. He was the only one who laughed at your dumb story. He would talk to you every day, the only one who had accepted your weirdness, he was the only light in your dark world. You had a major crush on the messy haired boy.

Akira had asked you to eat lunch with him on the roof, you never ate lunch with him so you were a bit nervous, but you happily accepted his offer. He helped you to your seat and handed you your food. "Thank you Akira. This is actually the first time I'm eating with a friend." You gave Akira a sad smile as you spoke.
"It's no problem. I just wanted to eat with you today." He responded calmly.
"I guess you could say this is almost like a blind date right?" You bursted out laughing at your own joke. You noticed that Akira didn't say anything and began to get nervous. "I'm sorry for the corny jokes. Please don't push me off the building, I'll never see it coming!" You let out a nervous chuckle, but stopped as Akira still didn't respond.
'Oh no am I bothering Akira with my jokes!? I don't want him to be uncomfortable around me like everyone else.' You started panicking as thoughts of Akira disappearing from your life raced through your mind.
"I'm sorry Akira! I hope I'm not making you uncomfortable with all my jokes." You cried out.
"(Y/n)..." Akira finally spoke. You straighten up, tense, as you waited for him to finish speaking.

"I don't mind your jokes at all (Y/n). I actually like how comfortable you are with your blindness. Your jokes are funny, and their what makes you so cute."

Your face turned a bright red from his words.
'I'm cute!? Akira thinks I'm cute!?' your heart was pounding so fast that you thought it was going to leap out from your chest.

You heard him chuckle and looked up to were you thought his voice was coming from. Suddenly you felt a pair of soft lips press against your own.

"What was that?" You asked pressing two fingers against your mouth.
"That was a kiss." Akira said smoothly.
"A kiss!? But aren't you supposed to do that with the person your in love with? Wait a min, Akira, do you..."

Before you could finish asking Akira had pulled you in for another kiss.
"I love you (Y/n)."