Haru X Sick! Male Reader

"I'm not dying Haru..."

"Ah, yes I know." Haru fixed a lovely bouquet of trumpet lilies into a vase and placed them at your bedside desk. "These flowers bloomed right next to my garden. I heard having flowers can liven up a place and  increase a persons health." She wore a bright smile on her face as she stared at the white flowers. "Lovely."

"I know you mean well and all, but I think lilies are meant for funerals." You gave the girl a small grin and exploded into a coughing fit. "Hopefully I get better soon. I want to help out with your garden again." 

Since the first time you helped Haru with her garden, you discovered a love for plants and a fluffy haired ax wielder. Whenever you had time you would head up to the roof and spend time with Haru in her garden. Haru was kind and caring with a calming presence about her. Even though the other kids seemed to have problems talking to her because of her family background and reserved nature, you had no problems and the two of you became friends quick. 

Meeting on the roof and helping Haru became a natural habit for you and her calming presence was so peaceful, that you felt comfortable telling her anything. She'd always listen quietly to your random ramblings and laugh at your corny jokes. Being with her was so relaxing. So relaxing, that you accidentally told her you had a crush on her.

"Your amazing Haru, that's why I fell for ya!" 

That was a week ago. Ever since things have been awkward between the two of you. You stopped going to the roof and tried avoiding Haru with stupid excuses such as forgetting your umbrella and having to run home on sunny days, or having stomach cramps from seeing a random pop up photo of Kamoshida in his Tighty-Whities. 

You couldn't help but blush thinking about last week. But now here was Haru, the person you were desperately trying to avoid, kindly placing funeral flowers by your bed. You watched as she reached into a bag and took a plastic bowl out of it. Placing the bowl in front of you, she took the lid off and the fresh aroma of tomatoes, potatoes and herbs wafted around the room. Next she took out a thermos and poured the contains into two cups. When she was done putting the thermos away she sat across from you and smiled. To bad her smile was meet with a face full of confusion.

"You've been such a big help in the garden." She started. "I thought the best way to repay your kindness would be to let you have a taste of the spoils."

"Huh?" You looked down at the bowl of soup and thought for a moment. "Wait... is this made out of the tomatoes and other veggies!?" 

Haru let out a soft giggle at your reaction. "Yup. I asked Sojiro to help me make a soup out of our vegetables. It's mostly tomatoes and potatoes, but he said it would be a good cure for the common cold. I brought some peppermint tea to help relieve your cough." Her tone was soft and calm, with just a hint of excitement. 

'She's so cute' You thought. You lowered your head and stared at the soup, pouting. 'Even though I acted like a jerk, avoiding her she still...' 

Your fantasy of an angelic Haru was shattered when she suddenly pulled the bowl of soup away from you. 

"Now then..." She gave you a bright smile, but you could feel the menacing aura behind it. "If you'd like to enjoy the spoils of our labor, how about you tell me what you meant when you said you "fell" for me (Y/n)?" 

Your puzzled expression changed into an embarrassed one as soon as the words left her mouth. You fell into a horrible coughing fit, unsure of what to tell the fluffy haired demon holding your soup hostage. "Don't do this to me! I'm dying here..."

"That's just not fair (y/n)." Haru's Frustrated smile changed into a sad pout as she locked eyes with you. "You can't say confusing things like that and run away. It makes me feel... Don't give me a false hope!" 

Haru caught you off guard. She was so persistent to hear your confession again, her brown eyes didn't waver as she stared into yours. After a few moment you finally caved in and gave her the answer she was waiting for. 

"I..." Coughing fit "I..." Cough, cough, "I li..." Even more hysterical coughing. 

"OH JUST SAY IT ALREADY (Y/N)!!" 

"I like you Haru Okumura! Now can I please have that soup!?" 

You slowly took the soup out of Haru's still hands and began slurping away at the contains, trying to ignore your embarrassment. 

"Oh, (Y/n)..." You heard Haru mutter. Glancing over at her you saw her covering her mouth with her hands. She was blushing just as hard as you were. "I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who felt this way." She gave you the most beautiful smile you've ever seen.

"Geez, how's a guy s'pose to get better when there's an incredibly cute girl here making his heart race like crazy?" 

A/N: I want Haru to take care of me too! I'm still sick and dying! T_T