04

「FOUR」

「FOUR」

 : ̗̀➛☽︎

THE TEENS ARRIVED AT THE HALE HOUSE, SEEING DEREK THERE. They hid momentarily, waiting for the werewolf to leave. After a few minutes, he got into his camaro and left, signaling that they could start searching for the body. The three approached the house wearily, Stiles and Adelyn waiting for Scott to point them in the right direction.

"Wait, something's different." Scott paused, sniffing the air slightly.

"Different how?" Stiles questioned, squinting at the wolf.

"I don't know. Let's just get this over with." Scott sighed, walking to where he believed the body was. The boys started to dig, Adelyn watching them

"This is taking way too long." The annoyed girl announced.

Stiles gave her a dirty look, "It'd be faster if you helped."

"There's only two shovels, Stilinski." She pointed out, causing the boy to look down awkwardly.

"Right." He paused, shaking his head slightly, "Just keep going."

"What if he comes back?" Scott asked, mildly paranoid.

"Then we get the hell out of here." The Stilinski stated as if it were a stupid question.

"What if he catches us?" Scott questioned again.

"I have a plan for that." Stiles answered shortly, sticking his shovel into the ground and looking between the other two.

"Which is?" Adelyn motioned for him to continue.

"You both run one way. I run the other. Whoever he catches first, too bad."

"I hate that plan." Scott and Addy remarked in unison. Adelyn continued, "Scott's a werewolf, he can run faster than both of us." Scott and Stiles continued to dig, until they hit something.

"Alright. Stop, stop stop." They uncovered a bag of some sort, rope holding it together. Stiles tried to untie it, coming up very unsuccessful.

"Hurry." Scott urged the human.

"I'm trying. Did he have to tie the thing in, like, 900 knots?"

"I'll do it." Scott said, taking over and untying the knots. Once he finally got it undone, they pulled the bag open and uncovered a dead werewolf. Both boys were instantly out of the hole, screaming at the sight of it. Adelyn sat there for a moment, just looking at it.

"Holy shit." The girl breathed out, staring at the creature.

"What the hell is that?"

"It's a wolf." Adelyn replied, examining it. It seemed to be cut in half.

"Yeah, I can see that. I thought you said you smelled blood, as in human blood." Stiles looked at Scott, who just shrugged.

"I told you something was different."