19

「NINETEEN」

「NINETEEN」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

"HOW MUCH LONGER WILL HE BE OUT?" 

"Could be a couple hours, but I don't expect anything longer than that." Deaton responded to the girl who was staring at Scott's chest, watching it rise and fall. He knew that she was just being cautious, making sure there were no changes in breathing or heartbeat. She was still nervous that Scott wasn't going to wake up again.

The Tate knew he would, but she just had that pit at the bottom of her stomach. Something from the back of her mind saying that he wasn't going to make it.

"You're a werewolf as well, correct?" Deaton finally asked, wanting to know the answer to the question he had been thinking since he found them in the woods.

"Something like that." The girl mumbled, sparking the vet's interest. He raised an eyebrow at her, waiting for her to continue. "I'm not sure. Derek seems to have an idea, but for it to check out I'd have to be a born werewolf. Last time I checked, I wasn't." She rambled on, still annoyed that she had no clue as to what she was. "I get other people's wounds. Derek got shot once, I had the wound. Scott and Derek fought once, I got Scott's wound. Doesn't make any sense as to why that would be useful, but here I am, feeling Scott's pain and ignoring it so a bullet wound doesn't appear on my side." Deaton nodded silently, thinking to himself.

"Maybe all your powers haven't manifested? Like it will be useful when you have all of your abilities." Adelyn tilted her head at the idea, thinking it could be a possibility. "I'll have to do some research, but I'm sure I could help you figure out everything." The vet offered and the Tate was quick to accept. After this conversation, he went back to cleaning and organizing his tools, letting the room fall silent again.

She hated waiting, but here she was, several hours after the hunters came after them waiting for Scott to regain consciousness. She sat there watching him as Deaton put away his tools. After about twenty minutes, Scott gasped and jumped from the table. 

Adelyn released the breath she had been holding and moved to his side keep him standing. 

"Welcome back to the land of the conscious." Deaton joked, moving to help Scott as well. "You doing okay?" It took the werewolf a second to take in his surroundings. He knew he was in the Clinic with Adelyn and Deaton, but he was confused as to how he got there.

He slowly leaned against the table as Deaton suggested he sit down. Scott took note of the bandage on his side as the bell that signaled a customer came in rang. The two wolves immediately knew who it was. Deaton called out to the person, but received no answer, just the sound of the door closing. He moved to go to the waiting room, but Scott caught his arm.

Deaton gave him a confused glance and pulled his arm away from the teen. He went into the waiting room and told Peter that they were closed.

"Hi there. I'm here to pick up." The Alpha responded, ignoring the vet's previous comment.