16

「SIXTEEN」

「SIXTEEN」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

"WHY ARE YOU DRIVING, ANYWAY?" Stiles asked from the backseat as Adelyn sped up, trying to get Kate Argent off their asses. "Do you even have your license?" The Tate scoffed at the sentence, jerking slightly to throw him off the seat. She smirked as he hit the back of the passenger side seat.

"Yes." She huffed, spinning the wheel slightly. They turn down another dark road as the Argents try to keep up with them. "I'm a great driver, I just can't afford a car."

"She's doing better than you'd be able to do, Stiles." Scott stated, still leaning against the window. He was trying to catch Derek's scent so they could get him off foot.

"Is she still on us?" Addy glanced at Scott, who nodded. "Faster?"

"Much faster." Stiles added. Adelyn shifted the camaro, putting it into second gear. The vehicle sped up more as she pushed the pedal as far as possible, Stiles groaning from hitting the seat again. "Ouch."

"That wouldn't happen if you were wearing a seatbelt, idiot." Adelyn shot him an annoyed look through the rearview, Stiles mocking it before complying.

"Hey, they're gone."

"Uh, this might be a good time to mention that I'll be staying with one of you tonight." Addy mentioned, not looking from the road. "I told my Dad if I wasn't home by midnight, then I was probably staying with someone, and it's already 11:30 so-"

"You can stay with me. Mom won't care." Scott offered. "What excuse did you make up to leave anyway?"

"Stiles ruined our science project and it's due tomorrow."

"Typical. I'm always the freaking excuse." Stiles scoffed in irritation, the Tate rolling her eyes. Stiles began to mess with a walkie talkie, trying to find the police units' station. He clicked a button and static sounded out before a voice speaks.

"All units, suspect is on foot, heading into the ironworks."

That was the confirmation they needed before Adelyn floored it.

: ̗̀➛☽︎

The camaro screeched to a stop, Scott opening the door. He shouted at Derek, telling him to get in. The McCall jumped in between the seats, letting Derek take passenger side. Once the werewolf was in the car, they sped off.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott shouted, making Adelyn flinch. Her powers were haywire, the girl not knowing how to switch between normal and supernatural hearing.

"I almost had him." Derek stated in exasperation. Adelyn quietly groaned at the volume of his voice, wishing they could have a quieter conversation.

"Who, the Alpha?" Stiles cut through the seats.