24

「TWENTY FOUR」

「TWENTY FOUR」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

SCOTT AND ADELYN WERE CLIMBING THE WALL, TALKING ABOUT THE GIANT LIZARD THEY HAD SEEN THE PREVIOUS NIGHT. "It had a tail, we don't have tails." He stated, hoping that they weren't ever going to have tails.

"Maybe we just haven't grown them yet." Addy answered, receiving a look from the boy.

"We will never have tails. Ever." Adelyn shrugged, causing him to roll his eyes. "I refuse."

"Hey, I don't want to have a tail either." She agreed with him, pausing when she noticed he was a few feet below her. "Why are you going so slow? You're a werewolf, you shouldn't struggle with this." She looked down at him.

"I'm just enjoying the view." Adelyn raised her eyebrows and waited for him to get higher. She kicked the boys foot off, shocking him. The boy plummeted to the ground, his harness stopping him inches from the mat. His body hit the ground, most of the class laughing at him. Coach sat beside him, "McCall, I don't know why, but there's your pain that brings me a special kind of joy. Thanks, Tate!" Scott panted, clutching his chest as he attempted to slow his heart rate. Addy shouted a response to Coach's statement. "Alright, next two. Stilinski, Erica, let's go. The wall." The werewolf touched the top, then kicked off to come down.

Scott unhooked himself, Adelyn sticking out a hand to help him up. "Not cool." He huffed. 

"It was funny though." She smiled at his expression. They watched Stiles and Erica climb the wall, the boy making it up and back down before she even made it halfway up. The girl started hyperventilating, causing Adelyn to step forward. "Coach." She tapped on his shoulder, grabbing his attention.

"Erica? Dizzy? Is it vertigo?" Adelyn cringed at the last question, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Vertigo's is a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear." Lydia informed him. "She's just freaking out." 

"Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know she's epileptic." Allison intervened as he called out to the girl again.

"Why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff?" He looked around at the teens, annoyed.

"You know, I figured it was common knowledge." Addy answered, shaking her head at the man. She would never have the ability to understand what was going on in his mind.

"Just kick of the wall, Erica, there's a mat to catch you." Finstock reassured, Erica slowly releasing the wall and slowly returning to the ground. "See? You're okay, shake it off."

People began to laugh at the girl as she pushed through the crowd. Adelyn frowned at her peers, "You think she okay?" Addy leaned toward Scott, her eyes not leaving Erica's retreating figure.

He sighed, "Maybe you should check on her?" The boy shrugged, causing her to nod. The two parted ways, going to the locker rooms. 

"Hey, Erica!" She caught up with the girl. "You okay?"