26

「TWENTY SIX」

「TWENTY SIX」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Adelyn whisper shouted at Isaac, who had just pulled her into an empty classroom. She had gotten a ride from Stiles, parting way with the boy when he saw his dad. She had intended on speaking to Allison alone, not the Lahey.

"Jackson decided he didn't see my father and I arguing before his death. I'm no longer a fugitive." The beta smirked, the expression dropping slightly when she rolled her eyes. "Okay, Derek had us test Jackson this morning to see if he was the Kanima. He believes that it can't be paralyzed by its own venom."

"And?" The girl raised her eyebrows, signaling for him to continue. She confused as to why they would test the boy.

"He passed, sadly." The last word was much quieter than the first two, the werewolf's hatred for the Whittemore coming out. The boy sulked for a second, then shook his head. "Anyways, he wants Erica and I to test someone else. I want to help you, but that's all I can say without Derek finding out."

"What's he going to do? Break your arm again?" She scoffed causing Isaac to shake his head.

"I don't know, but I don't plan on finding out." The boy pushed past her, but she caught his arm. The Tate spun him back around, pulling his stature down. He towered over the girl, so she brought him down to her level.

"Isaac, tell me who he is testing." Her voice was firm and authoritive, the Lahey almost letting it slip. He bit his tongue, pulling his arm out of her grasp and leaving the room. Adelyn huffed, running a hand through her hair. After a moment, she followed the boy out of the classroom and to first period, which they shared anyway.

Scott's eyes were already on the new beta, gaping at the boy in confusion. She sat behind the Lahey, glaring daggers into the back of his head. Stiles walked in, not noticing Isaac in front of him. "I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news." The boy announced, Scott turning to look at him.

"I think I already know." He motioned toward the beta, who was definitely listening. 

Adelyn continued to stare at the back of his head, "Is the leather jacket personal preference or do you get one when you join Derek's pack?"

"A little bit of both, I guess." Isaac smirked, not turning around.

"Well, it doesn't suit you." She huffed, looking toward the board.

"That's hurtful, Addy." The boy turned to give her a feigned hurt look, Scott looking between the two confused. The McCall still wasn't very fond of Isaac, specifically when he was around his girlfriend. 

"Good."

: ̗̀➛☽︎

Adelyn was still seething at Isaac for not telling her who they were going to test. She, Scott, and Stiles were quietly discussing what Stiles had found out about the Kanima when Jackson sat next to her. The Whittemore looked between the three friends, "What the hell is a Kanima?"