22

「TWENTY TWO」

「TWENTY TWO」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

ADELYN PULLED THE FRONT DOOR TO HER HOUSE OPEN, BENDING DOWN TO PET APOLLO. "Hey buddy." She whispered, trying to silently close the door. She wasn't sure whether her father was asleep or not, but the case was closed when she walked into the kitchen. "Thanks for letting me borrow the car, I'm sorry for needing it so much."

"It's fine. Use it whenever, as long as I don't need it for work." He smiled at her. "I promise I'll get you one over the summer."

"You don't have to, dad. I'm perfectly okay with making Stiles drive me everywhere." They both laughed at the comment.

"So, how's Lydia?" He asked, causing the girl to frown.

"She seems okay for the most part, more sarcastic than ever." Adelyn replied, "She's on her feet more, I think she'll be able to come back to school some time this week."

"That's great. I'm glad she's okay."

"Me too." Adelyn sighed, pulling the refrigerator and grabbing a bottle of water. "I'll be in my room, if you need me."

She received a nod in response, so she walked down the hall to her room. She softly pulled her door closed, turning when she heard a light knock on her window. The girl cautiously walked over, still anxious from the whole alpha incident, and found Scott waiting on her. She sighed, pulling the window open and setting her water on the night stand. "Hey." Scott gave her a smile as she allowed him into her room. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to check on you, Stiles told me you left the hospital." He replied, plopping down on her bed. The boy took the bottle of water and drank some of it. She rose her eyebrows at him, snatching the bottle back away. "I just wanted to make sure you were alright." 

"I'm good, Scott. You don't have to check up on me. I'm just ready for her to be out of the hospital so things can finally get back to normal-" The girl paused when she heard what seemed to be a scream. She looked out her window, the scream seeming familiar. "I just jinxed it, didn't I?" She huffed, the two wolves cringing at the noise.

They sat quietly for a moment, hoping that it would have nothing to do with them. This hope was crushed when the Tate's phone vibrated, she answered it quickly as Stiles' name popped up. "What in the holy hell was that?"

"It was Lydia." The boy's voice was shaky and rushed, both of the teens realizing that something was truly wrong.

"What's going on?" Scott stood up quickly, standing closer to the phone so Stiles could hear him.

"She's missing." The words made Adelyn's heart sink into her chest. She couldn't let anything happen to Lydia, especially since it was partly her fault she was in the hospital in the first place. She let her get hurt and she wasn't going to let it happen again. Scott noticed the expression on her face and grabbed her free hand. "I grabbed her clothes, so maybe you and Scott can catch as scent-oh my, god." She could hear Stiles jump slightly.