14

「FOURTEEN」

「FOURTEEN」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

ADELYN GROGGILY WALKED INTO HER HOUSE, CLOSING THE DOOR SOFTLY BEHIND HER. She knew her father was home, considering Sheriff Stilinski had called him before she left the school. Scott and Stiles had gone into the preserve to get drunk, leaving her at home as she had wished.

She paused in the kitchen when she heard Apollo's nails clicking against the tile. She sat down on the floor, allowing the dog to comfort her. She could barely keep her eyes open, her body begging to go to sleep.

"Adelyn?" Her father's voice startled her, the man entering the kitchen quietly.

"Hey, dad." She responded, Henry's heart almost shattering at her voice. It had lost all it's normal edge, the girl seemed so defeated. He sat beside her on the floor, not really knowing what to say.

She stared at the tile, her hand resting on Apollo's back as the dog laid across her lap. 

"You don't have to tell me what exactly happened." Her dad started, "But please tell me if I'm going to have to pay for therapy."

He sighed softly when he noticed his daughter's faint smile. She looked at him, Addy didn't like therapy the first time around. "Not yet." It went silent for a few moments, her face dropping slightly. Henry opened his mouth to say something, but stopped when she wrapped her arms around his frame. He hugged her back, allowing his daughter to relax for the first time that night.

Both thought about saying something, but neither wanted to ruin the peace they had created.

So, they stayed silent.

: ̗̀➛☽︎

Adelyn sprawled out on her bed, staring at her ceiling. The girl had barely gotten any sleep since the night at the school and she didn't have any motivation to get out of bed. She huffed when her alarm sounded, clicking it off rather hastily. 

"You don't have to go to school today. Stay home if you want, but I have to go to work. I'll see you tonight. Love you." Henry called through the door after knocking on it quietly.

"Love you, too." Adelyn replied lazily, allowing the man to leave the house before she got up

She walked into her bathroom, but stopped when her phone started ringing. The Tate picked it up, and answered when she read the caller I.D. "Am I picking you up?" Stiles' voice came through the phone loudly, causing the girl to wince.

"Yes." She answered quietly, noticing some shuffling in the background.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. Stiles shifted in his seat, as if to hear her more clearly.

"No." She replied nonchalantly, making the boy roll his eyes.

"Okay, I'll be there in 10."

: ̗̀➛☽︎