32

「THIRTY TWO」

「THIRTY TWO」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

"YOU KNOW, I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU, MCCALL." Matt stated, putting his gun down. He had forced Adelyn to text Allison and tell her that she needed the bestiary, and now he was separating the teen wolves from Derek and Stiles. "Right now, you're thinking, 'how am I going to explain this when it heals?'. And the sad part is, you don't even realize how incredible it is that you actually are healing." He took a few steps closer to them, Adelyn wrapping her hands around Scott's wrist. "You know what happens to everyone else when they get shot? They die." He hissed, turning around a walking a few feet away.

"Is that what happened to you?" Scott asked, the boy scoffing at the questioned.

"You said you died." Adelyn squinted at him, thinking for a couple seconds. Her lips parted slightly in realization. "You drowned."

Matt leaned against the desk in front of them, sighing heavily. "He shouldn't have let them drink."

"What do you mean? Lahey?" Adelyn asked, cocking an eyebrow in confusion.

"Yeah, he shouldn't have let them drink." The boy repeated, standing up straight as he prepared to explain why he was doing this. "I didn't know what was happening. I didn't know they had just won state, and Lahey, he's letting his favorites off the swim team come and have a couple drinks to celebrate. Who cares if they're seventeen, right?"

"Were you at Isaac's?"

"He had this first edition Spider-Man, or was it Batman?" He furrowed his eyebrows in thought before shaking his head, "And we were going to make a trade. But then I'm over there and I hear music. And everyone's having a good time, and I see Sean. He throws Jessica in the pool. And then Bennet goes in and then Camden. Isaac's jarhead brother, he grabs me. He thinks it's funny." Matt mumbled, his eyes got teary. Adelyn kind of felt bad for the boy, but none of this excused him for murdering people.

"They threw you in." Scott concluded, Matt nodding.

"I yelled that I can't swim, but nobody listens. I go under and I swallow water, and no one cares. And I see these bodies underwater. I see Jessica's got her hands down Sean's board shorts. Tucker's grabbing Kara. And I'm drowning. I'm dying, and they're laughing." Matt snapped, taking a deep breath before continuing. "All of a sudden, I'm lying by the pool. And Lahey is right there, right above me, and he says: 'You tell no one!'." Matt shouted, pushing himself away from the desk and toward Scott and Adelyn. "'This, this is your fault! What little bastard doesn't know how to swim? You tell no one.'" Matt finished, lowering the gun. "And I didn't. I didn't tell anyone. And I would see them at school, and they wouldn't even look at me. I'd wake up in the middle of the night. I'd gasp for breath. And my parents, they thought I was asthmatic. They even gave me an inhaler. They didn't know that every time I closed my eyes, I was drowning."