33

「THIRTY THREE」

「THIRTY THREE」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN?" Adelyn frantically put on her shoes and prepared to go to the lacrosse game. She had zero intentions on going to the game at first, especially since Scott was going to skip it too. Now she was rushing to make it there before it started.

"Isaac came and told me Jackson was at practice last we as if nothing had happened and he is playing tonight. I'm going to the field now, I'll meet you there." Scott informed, slightly confused as to why of all places for the Kanima to be it would be at a freaking lacrosse game. He hadn't been to practice in a while and now he was going to some meaningless game before a murderous lizard with a hunter controlling him killed someone.

And he had to win the game, or Coach would kill them.

"Wait, Scott, did Isaac tell you if he was leaving or not?" Addy asked, whistling lowly to call Apollo back to the house. 

There was a pause, as if Scott didn't want to tell her or not. The boy sighed quietly, "He said he was going with them." The McCall wasn't quite sure how his girlfriend felt about the betas leaving, but he was worried that they'd get caught by hunters.

Adelyn looked down at Apollo, patting the dog's head as she realized that she might not ever see the three betas again. "Okay, I'll see you there."

: ̗̀➛☽︎

"Why the hell are you benched?" Adelyn leaned between Scott and Stiles, against the bench.

"Gerard." He answered, none of the teens sparing each other a glance as they scanned the field independently. 

"What are we going to do?" Addy questioned, looking behind her at the crowd, mainly looking for Lydia or Allison. "You're benched and Stiles is probably last in line to go in. I don't even play lacrosse." She ran a hand through her hair as she hopped over the back of the bench and sat next to Scott. "Maybe I can convince Coach I've been on the team this entire time." The Tate mumbled, her knee beginning to bounce.

"He's going to make you move." Scott mumbled, Stiles looking over at the two and nodding in agreement.

"Probably, but I'm not leaving." She looked behind them at the boys' parents. "This is going to be bad, isn't it?" The girl leaned forward and mimicked how the two players were sitting.

"Like people screaming, running for their lives, blood, killing, maiming kind of bad?" Stiles added, both friends looking to Scott for an answer. None of them wanted to admit it, but they were outplayed. There was virtually nothing they could do at this point, all the pieces had fallen right into place for Gerard.

Scott didn't speak for a moment, not really knowing what to say. His shoulders slumped slightly as he looked between the two, "Looks like it." The McCall reached over and grabbed Adelyn's knee, stopping it from bouncing.