Chapter 18

A/N- Please vote, comment, and share this story!!!!!! It would mean a lot. I encourage you to point out any grammar/punctuation errors. I hope you enjoy it!!!!! Please follow me!!

I was halfway through packing when I heard the bunker door open. Dean was finally back. 

I heard Sam exit his room and head to the living room to fill in Dean, so I continued to pack. 

I was done first so I headed to Baby and put my things in the trunk. Dean and Sam followed suit moments later and we all piled in. I leaned against the window and quickly fell asleep. Research was really tiring. 

When I woke up we were pulling into the motel. I shook myself to get rid of the just-woke-up drowsiness and got out of the car with Sam and Dean. 

Dean went in and got the room. We all put our stuff in the room and changed to our fed outfits before heading to the crime scene. 

We looked around the house. Thankfully for me, the body had already been removed. I think Sam seemed relieved as well. 

After walking through the house and asking questions, we decided that it was definitely a ghost. 

Once we figured it out, we went back to the motel to figure out whose ghost it was. Dean went to go get lunch while Sam and I researched. 

About thirty minutes later Dean came back with food. We all ate while Sam and I continued to research. 

It took another hour after we finished eating for either of us to get a clue. 

I was searching through files before I came across one that seemed like it could help. It was a death certificate. It had the time and date as well as the location. I compared locations and realized that it was the same house. 

I looked up the name and I found a description of how he died. It was definitely gruesome. The person had been stabbed multiple times before being buried alive. Definitely vengeful spirit material. 

I checked to see if he was buried or cremated and luckily he was buried. A simple salt and burn. 

I put down the tablet I was using and cleared my throat to get everyone's attention. 

"I think I found something. Richard Weller was murdered at the house where the death was in 1969. He was stabbed multiple times and then buried alive. It's the only death ever recorded there. I also found out that he was buried and I even found the exact graveyard." 

Sam and Dean looked at each other than at me with their eyebrows raised. 

"Wow, Rose. You sure know how to do your research." Dean said. 

"Yeah," Sam said, "That was really good. It definitely sounds like our ghost." 

Dean and I nodded. 

It was a couple of hours till it would be dark out, so we spent the time hanging out, taking naps, or checking weapons. 

Finally, it was time to kill the ghost so we piled into Baby and Dean drove to the graveyard. Dean parked in the parking lot and we all hopped out. We headed to the trunk and grabbed supplies. Sam and Dean pulled out shovels and I grabbed salt and lighter fluid. The trunk closed with a loud thud in the silence of the night. 

We followed along the designated paths until we came across poor Richard's grave. Sam and Dean went straight to work on digging while I watched. They didn't even ask if I wanted to. Well, of course, I didn't so I'm not complaining. 

I watched Sam and Dean as they dug into the soft dirt. I held a flashlight so they could see. 

What felt like hours later, we all heard Sam's shovel hit something hard. He bent down and used his hands to move the thin layer of dirt to uncover the casket. They both put their shovels up on the grass and bent to lift the door open. 

I turned around though. I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. I mean, yes, it was only going to be bones but, still, I didn't want to take chances. 

I heard the door slam against the grave walls and I saw Sam's arm grab the salt from the corner of my eyes. I continued to stare straight ahead when- 

"S-Sam! D-Dean!" 

Standing there, a couple of yards away from me stood the ghost. There were several stab wounds in his body and all of his skin looked covered in dirt. 

I stood there, completely frozen in shock and fear. 

Come on! 

Get a hold of yourself, Rose! 

It's just a ghost! 

You know what kills it, what stalls it, you know all of its weaknesses! 

What's wrong with you? 

The ghost was getting closer and was about to touch me when I heard a gunshot and it disappeared. 

I turned around to see Dean with the shotgun in his hands. A few seconds later Sam jumped out of the grave and dropped a couple of lit matches in the grave. The entire thing went up in flames. 

We watched it for a few seconds before Sam turned to me with concerned eyes. 

"Rose, are you okay? What happened?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just, I don't know, I just froze. Thanks, Dean." 

Dean nodded and started to clean everything up. 

"Of course," he said. 

Sam and I finished picking everything up with Dean and then we watched the fire burn until it died out. 

Even standing next to the fire I was cold. Sure I had a jacket, but it was very thin and didn't provide much warmth. I stood there trying to tough it out but eventually, it just became too cold for me. Bravely, I walked over to stand closer to Sam. As I had hoped, he noticed me slightly shivering and wrapped an arm around me bringing me closer to him. I sighed in relief and he chuckled lightly. 

Once the fire burned out, Sam and Dean filled the grave back up. We hopped into Baby and made our way back to the motel. 

As soon as we got there, I jumped onto the mattress and snuggled underneath the covers. Right when I was about to fall asleep I felt Sam's arms wrap around me from behind.

To Be Continued...

A/N- Thanks for reading!!!! I hope you liked it! And if you did, maybe you could check out some of my other stories? Don't forget to vote and comment!!!!!!! Let me know what you think!!!!