➸c o m m u n i c a t i o n

Ayduin tightened the grip on his sword. He had tried to stay away for as long as possible and defend the barriers with his bow and arrow. He was excellent with weapons, all elves were but he was trained to be lethal, he was trained to be a killer.

He closed his eyes and inhaled sharply as if taking in the cold air of night to clear his head. The sky was purple tonight, why purple? There were too many stars, he was accustomed to darkness so even this was unnerving.

It is beautiful, the colour of the sky.

Ayduin came to a halt with a jerk. This was not his usual bothering conscience talking. There was a female voice in his head.

He threw back his head and gave a sharp laugh. He was losing it, the battle and then no sleep was taking a toll on his otherwise sharp brain.

Shaking his head in denial and amusement he marched ahead on the field. Mizuchi, it was not hard killing these types of enemies. Rather it was fun. The opponent was ruthless monster hell bent on destruction and no sign of remorse, Ayduin loved killing such monsters.

Since the five realms had a pact for name sake they couldn't just stroll in with an army so they send in species of monster in a lame attempt to sneak attack. Obviously, from the Mermaids of the Sea, the water dragons did a colossal amount of damage in short period of time.

Though destruction was getting worse, Ayduin tried to restrict his fighting through weapons and not by his genetic powers. He enjoyed being an elf; flexible, fast, strong and sharp but it was the ice part that bothered him. He had the power to freeze things even by looking at them and sometimes in anger he had a sharp surge of power that left him weak for hours.

Can you do that?

Another mizuchi came at him, its tail shining like a needle in the moonlight. It hit Ayduin hard on the chest that sent him stumbling back. He had never been hit! The voice in his head distracted him and that made him angry. Growling in anger he regained his balance and charged towards the mizuchi with intent to kill.

Leaping in the air, he plunged his blade in his eyes and then with other hand he pulled an arrow from his quiver and hit his chest. The huge monster growled and squirmed in pain then it fell down with a thud.

For another hour or so Ayduin was truly callous, he killed with rage and power not pausing even to breathe. This was what he was trained to do and this is what he turned into once he was on battle field. But this was the side that appalled him the most.

Once the battle was almost over his killer trance broke and he looked around to see none of his soldiers were dead but few were injured. He passed each one of them giving them a silent nod of respect. Everyone in his army respected him, feared him and followed him.

Branneth, army's general gave him a light salute and a smile. He had to smile back. No matter how cold and aloof he tried to stay Branneth never left being friendly or helpful. He was a great general, responsible and brave. Only bad thing about Branneth, he was Mikayla's brother.

"Folred there is something wrong with me?" He asked a question but sounded more like a statement.

"Umm.. I don't think so Master. You are usual; dangerous, brooding and rude ." He said it as a matter of fact.

Ayduin turned to glare at him for his almost insulting description but realised it was true. Seeing Folred terrified under his gaze he quickly gave him a slight smile. Folred sighed with relief.

This is not real, this can't be real. How is anyone named Folred?

There was the voice again. He shook his head in an attempt to shake or else throw away the nagging thoughts. This has never happened to him before.

He noticed Folred staring at him as if he was insane, maybe he was but right now the look bothered him.

"Folred leave my presence now! I want to be left alone." He commanded and Folred left bowing slightly.

He was on his turret now, his solace point. No one dared to come here. He imagined setting up the boundaries for the unfamiliar yet unnerving voice in his head.

Wow, the view from up here is amazing!

He groaned on hearing the voice again. This time exasperation took over.

"Who the hell are you!?" He almost yelled into nothingness, his fingers curled into a fist.

Me? Can you hear me? Then who are you? Are you not in my dream?

Ayduin was flabbergasted by the unusual response to taking it as a point of his breakdown, he took out the tiny flask of potion. But not the waking potion, sleeping potion this time. Maybe his lack of sleep was doing this, so Ayduin decided to get some sleep.

Gathering all his strength he took a sip, he knew nightmares would follow but he needed the sleep. It has been more than two moons since he slept.

Answer me? Are you real? Am I dreaming or not?

With heavy eyes Ayduin tried to ignore the voice, the questions the fear in her voice. She was not real, just a voice in his head. Though the voice was unnerving, before succumbing to sleep Ayduin realised the voice was not a pain.

*****

If not clear, the italics parts was Aislin dreaming about this land xD

I hope I did justice to this chapter.

I am drowning in work right now so slow updates, sorry :(