➸a t t a c k a n d d i s t a n c e

Ayduin yelled in aggravation sending out shards of ice that hit everything around him. He seldom used his elven magic but now his temper was getting worst of him.

He wasn't angry because somehow what everyone feared was about to come true, he was angry at himself for being so impolite to Aislin. He had been like this as far as he could remember. Even as a child he had been rude, he ignored people around, even the people who played with him, cared for him or adored him.

And he never felt apologetic for them even when they got tired and hurt of his bad nature and left him on his own. He liked been alone, it was peaceful and safe. No talking meant no lying to people. He had decided that he would never allow this peace to shatter.

And then she started talking in his head. Her voice had magic and he said it with experience since he had seen many spells in his lifetime. Her voice made him forget the past worries, removed his self-disgust and his mind only focused on what she said. For the first time ever he realized what it was like to be enchanted.

Gradually he was growing accustomed to the voice and then he saw her. The only thing more exquisite than her voice was she herself. She was beautiful to an extent that he could not get her face out of his head. Now it was like there was more of her than himself in his own head.

Then he created the distance. His stupid nature and temper cost him dearly, he hurt the favorite sound in the world by saying some hurtful things and now she was silent. She had left feeling all dejected and hurt, rightful so. Now he felt really sorry for what he had done. If only she could forgive but she had broken the connection, maybe took off the medium of their connection.

Ayduin realized for the first time since he found out he was cursed, he felt devastated. He had no idea why, but he was.

A month has passed and she didn't answer him back, why? Did she not miss him a bit? Or did he hurt her to point of no repair?

"Urghh!" He yelled out again, freezing the room even more.

"Sir, Master, what is wrong with you nowadays?" Folred said really concerned.

What was wrong with him? He had only practiced in the hope she would tune in some day and shower him with praises that made him smile, he had not eaten properly for a month and sleep was like the blood rose, rare and beautiful. It never came out when it did he dreamt about her.

It was weird and yet oddly relieving.

What was wrong with him? He had accepted to be a guardian but on condition of going alone to which his father agreed after much debate and argument. He agreed partially because of her.

What was wrong with him? He had to leave for Flames of Vita in two days and she still hasn't talked back.

But what was actually wrong with him? He was scared and even more scared to admit that he was scared. The other reason he agreed to be the guardian because there was an attack on Mermaids. No one knew by who but it was bad and more than three dozen lives lost. The Queen of Mermaids had contacted his father and a messenger came to deliver the bad news. He heard that the shores around that realm reek of death and blood and also that most of it were raven black in color.

The soldiers guarding the shore are all dead and the ones leaving near the border are suffering from a high temperature, delirium and coughing out blood, dark red blood.

She had been right about it, she had warned him but he just didn't accept.

He still didn't want to because Darkmir was a legend so dark and horrible, no one would want to believe it's real and if it was why did he contact her?