➸ i m p e n d i n g d a r k n e s s

Aislin swung her sword copying the movement of the teacher in front of her. Her forehead was beaded with sweat and she getting short of breath. One week has passed since the school has closed and there was no sign of the transfer student anywhere in the city or any local hangout places.

She joined the classes as per her to do list. And she had opted for a sword. There had been four murders in past week which had the whole town terrified. The town she lived in has always been calm but since Darkmir arrived there had been murders. The news said the two bodies found were almost decayed, their nerves and blood all turned a shade of red while two bodies were yet to be found.

Poison was suspected as the cause of death but she knew better. In this case, only she knew that darkness, personified, was in town.

Ayduin knew and since that day he had gone all silent on her. It has been a week since they talk and tomorrow was Christmas. All her festive mood was gone now. All she wanted was to get rid of these worries. All the tensions she was gathering flowed into her arms and she hit the wooden target hard almost breaking it.

The teacher walked up to her and gave her a surprised look. He looked awed yet not impressed.

"Do not fight with anger Aislin, never brings out the best in you. It will make you do impulsive things and this will help the opponent to judge you before you attack." He explained strictly.

She sighed and nodded.

"That's enough for today you can leave and rest. You look like you haven't slept in days." He instructed.

She left without any argument. She had a destination in mind today.

****

Ayduin was shocked, stressed and the miserable. His voice of reason was silent, it was not her fault. He had gone silent on her instead. Who was she really? Never had an elf woman attracted her or for that matter of fact neither mermaids nor fairies but she, just her voice had him tangled with her.

He had never felt desire, jealous, happy or any emotion. He had been actually frozen well and fine like an Ice Prince should be but then that conspiring hermit had to bring her in. Ayduin realised he was getting addicted to her. Was this is how you feel about friends? He was not so sure she was just a friend to him and he was too scared to admit otherwise.

Because how could she be more, she was the first person since the beginning of creation that had made any contact with the Darkness himself. First through dreams and then he actually appeared in front of her, if what she said was actually true. But he had the feeling it was. Darkmir, as legends said was an evil, passive, conniving, deadly being. He was known to engulf all the happiness and light around him, all the souls and all the hope.

The worst part, the stories said he was indestructible. Why had he decided to show himself now? Why to her? He did say she intrigued him but so much so that he actually walked in her life, in her place of study?

Should he be foolish enough to trust someone who ignited feelings in him and managed to lure Darkmir? Her thoughts were pure but being a prince he had so many schemes and betrayals he truthfully had no idea who to trust.

But he was missing her, resisting the urge to pop in her mind.

He had no solution for this problem and no one who could help him with this. Ayduin actually felt lost right then.

****

Finally, Aislin had gathered the courage to visit her friend's grave. She hated graveyards not only because half of her loved ones were here but also the depression and misery doubled on seeing so many dead, lost to their family. Sometimes she wondered, did she not love her mom or was the curse only a thought. Though she has lost all the loved ones her mother was still here.