➸t h e a r m o u r y

He took his time selecting the weapon, he was seriously startled. Her voice was pleasant to hear, her laughter was a charming melody but he was almost left breathless when he saw her.

She had requested him to stay out of her head and for a while he did. But he was male and he was curious to see who the owner of such lovely voice was. And when he reappeared in her head, she was looking at herself in the mirror. The image was divine.

She was not pale like elf females around; she had a beautiful color to her skin. She was not flawless, her eyes too big for her small delicate face. Oh, he had seen beauty; it was all around her, like snow, fair and cold. But nothing ever struck him like she did.

Her dark hair was messy and tied up in a casual knot behind her head, few strands lying loose on her collar bone. He had the strangest desire to put those strands back to its rightful place. And even her messed up bun looked elegant on her. And he wondered for a while that if she looked this way in a casual day how she would look if she dressed up for some occasion?

He had been sharp, vigilant for his whole existence but he had no idea where his head was right then. His concentration was in havoc, his elf senses focused on just Aislin. What was the hell wrong with him? He had never encountered this feeling?

Was this what others around him called infatuation? He actually had to shake his head to clear it. First, it was just her voice and now she herself was stuck in his head.

What is your favorite weapon? She asked breaking his thought process.

Umm... Bow and Arrow. He decided surprised that he had never actually told this to anyone.

I like swords. She stated.

Have you handled one before? He asked his tone filled with surprise.

No, I have never handled weapons but from the looks point, I find sword really appealing. What else weapons you use? She asked genuinely interested in these matters.

Ayduin found that different and nice. Usually, female elves kept themselves away from this and were more into charms and spells.

I can handle all of them well, elves are sharp and fast. Besides sword and arrows, we have the spear, axes, scythes, chain saws, chakras, While saying this entire time he picked up the sword absent minded.

As he walked ahead he realized he had the sword in his head, the girl was somehow now controlling his thoughts. He shouldn't allow this much of influence on himself.

He took off his black cut sleeves coat he wore over his cotton white shirt.

There you go I am using a sword for practice! He said just to emphasize the reason behind his choice of weapon.

But there was no answer, complete, horrible silence.

He hit the sword hard on the metallic dummy in front of him, slicing the air in front of him in frustration. Where was she? How was the connection lost again?

Was there really something in the armory that blocked her out? He had a moment of confusion and then he made his decision. He wore his coat and decided to step out for a while to check his theory.

Where were you GONE? Her voice jingled in his ears and he almost sighed with relief.

I am here it was you who went all silent on me. He said like a whiny kid and felt amused at his own behavior when she was around.

Oh.. I thought I have crossed your boundary of patience. She said it like a joke but there was the worry in her voice.

No, you don't bother me that much. He said out the words confusing if he actually said those words aloud.