➸ t h e d e c i s i o n

I am not getting married you know. Ayduin told this to Aislin for what seemed like fifth time.

Yeah, I have heard that and also advised you against it. Aislin said tired of repeating her words which were a lie and pain to herself.

Aislin, do you truly want me to get married to Angelique? Ayduin asked the dreaded question.

What if she said yes?

Aislin was left speechless now. Of course, it was hurting as hell if Ayduin went ahead with the marriage but that was also the safest option for him, to stay away from Aislin. Why was Ayduin so against marriage? Was he that company anti?

Aislin I asked a question, answer me truthfully. Your answer means a lot! He said giving her a hint.

She thought for a moment. If she said yes will Ayduin go ahead and trust her decision as a friend to get married? If she said no will he think she has other intentions?

She went for a diplomatic approach.

You don't always get what you want now, do you? She said and panicked instantly at her words.

Were they transparent enough to declare her feelings?

Ayduin new decision making brain picked up her answer in a most optimistic way and he grinned to himself.

I will take as you don't want me to get married. He said jubilant all of a sudden.

And that instant his decision was made.

Before Aislin could comprehend the meaning behind his words he was set on letting his father know about he was not going to get married.

What are you planning Ayduin, you are scaring me? Aislin said genuinely worried.

Already knowing her was dangerous for him.

You will see. He just thought.

But besides confidence, there was a sense of dread in his tone.

"Father, I need to tell you something." He said now facing his father who was in his bedchamber now.

The cloaked guards surrounded Ayduin as if the Prince might do something dangerous but King flicked his fingers as a sign for them to move away from Ayduin.

"Finally you decided to be mature after two days of being a drama princess," King said in a flat tone.

"I am still not getting married but I have something more important to tell you that I have hidden from you," Ayduin said with his heart thundering inside him.

Was he scared? Not really, he was more worried how his father will react?

Sensing that it was a father-son talk, the guards walked out.

"Talk." His father commanded.

"I don't want to get married or be your heir because... I am cursed." He finally said it out loud.

King just stared at him with his cold grey eyes as if at sometime Ayduin would say kidding!

"Is this suppose to be funny Ayduin?" Kind said wryly now getting up from the bed.

"No father, I do not go around making jokes. I am serious. I have known this for a long time, I am cursed and the curse says that the land I rule will be destroyed and cursed as well. Not only land but even if I lead a small army it has perished. I have put the curse to test and it actually exists." Ayduin explained calmly now.