➸ f a c e t o f a c e

Hermit wanted Ayduin just like that to fend for himself. Taken aback he looked around him. He noticed the floor underneath his feet was grey and cemented. On the either side of the floor were medium sized buildings. He had learned all about human world in his prince special classes. A dimension forbidden to enter, a dimension not to be messed with and yet he was here.

Roads, he remembered that floor here was roads. The medium sized buildings must be houses to people here. Though small in size they gave a feeling of warmth missing in his Kingdom. But the reason might be the brightly shining sun overhead. He, being the ice Prince and resident of cold and dark Elm Lenora was not accustomed to so much light. It bothered his eyes and he avoided it.

He walked under the shade of trees build around.

Where was he supposed to go? Who should he meet? Who should he ask?

Why did the stupid Hermit leave him?

School.

Aislin might probably there at this time of day. The school was something common to all dimensions as was studies. Surprisingly his attire was like of a normal human, maybe the power of Sentinel or a neat trick of the hermit. He decided to put his power to test. He had seen the school multiple times through Aislin's head and he pictured it in his head.

He was a fast learner, excellent to say the least and it played to his advantage. As soon as the image formed in his head he felt the familiar bad feeling of his organs beings churned together and his gut wrecked. But a few moments later he stood in the school grounds. Zrafford High, the school was called Ayduin looked at filled with light amusement.

It was so small compared to school in Elm Lenora. The building was made of bricks with rusty red color, closer to pink. It looked old and new, the building had an old place vibe but the gates and other things around was new. The gate was a black iron gate which was open as he walked in and stood in a huge ground filled with humans. The variety amazed him, he had known about it but it was his first time seeing them up close.

They were so many different kinds of humans, not monotonic pale looking like elves were. They laughed and smiled and played... They emitted multiple emotion and his super sharp ears could hear a lot of weird stuff. He had been in a gathering but never had he heard so much random noise at one place.

The three-story school building had tiny windows all over it and some students peeped out from it too. Ayduin noticed some playing a game with a ball, some with a stick with a net. A smile tugged at his lips as he saw many couples kissing each other blatantly in front of everyone.

His thoughts return from amazement to Aislin. She must be here somewhere. He concentrated his elf senses to search for her voice, he knew so well. How will she react? He noticed many staring at him but being a Prince he was habitual to all this. The girls were clearly ogling him and this made him smirk unlike himself.

At least this was going to be fun!

"Ayduin Iolnas?" A male voice said and shocked out of wits Ayduin turned to look at the owner.

Heart pounding in his ears he realized who he was standing face to face with; Darkmir.

"How are you here?" He asked clearly surprised, awed and angry.

"That is not your concern. Finally, I meet the infamous darkness." Ayduin maintaining his cool.

Darkmir might be all destruction and power but looked like a young male just like Ayduin. But the aura around him was unmistakable. It was dark, really dark, dangerous and fatal. It should have scared the shit out of any common being but Ayduin was mostly unconcerned and stood with confidence.

"Don't tell me you came for Aislin?" Darkmir said almost mocking him.

"What if I did?" He said in no mood to get chatty and tell darkness about his curse and banishment.

"I'd say you wasted a trip dude. She is already spoken for." Darkmir said putting in a clear threat in his words.

Stay away from her, she is my toy kind of tone.

"She is not a thing to possess Darkmir. Have you asked her where her heart lies?" Ayduin stated his bravado crumbling.

What if Aislin was too scared to fight her curse and decided to stay with Darkmir instead?

"I don't need to ask, I have what is mine," Darkmir said edging closer to Ayduin as a challenge.

Ayduin gave his sly signature smile.

"And who said she was yours. You are delusional." He said not believing he was having this weird conversation with the mighty Darkness about a girl when Darkness was here to destroy the thing that was tethered to the life of realms, Flames of Vita.

This was insane, yes.

"I will make her mine." Darkmir snarled out the words.

He didn't love the girl like Ayduin did. He just wanted her as a trophy, as someone who intrigued him.

"She is already mine, her heart is. I know that I am here to make her realize that too." Ayduin said calmly challenging the darkness.

In heat of the moment, Darkmir clutched Ayduin throat both equally tall glared at each other with hatred. The people around now paying attention to them gathered around in silence.

Both guys emitted immense power and intimidated the crowd. No one dared to make a sound.

Next instant Ayduin warrior instincts kicked in and grabbing Darkmir by shoulder he flipped him on the ground. The crowd started to cheer but one glare from Darkmir and silence prevailed.

Darkmir then sneered and merely looked at Ayduin, suddenly Ayduin bit his lip to stop himself from screaming and giving Darkmir the satisfaction. He felt the nerves in his hand recoil as if withering and pain shot through his arm. He crumbled to the ground clutching his affected hand.

"You dare challenge me a mere elf," Darkmir said , the evil sneer plastered on his face.

Ayduin's mind and body went on autopilot as if being Sentinel gave him extra power and senses than he already had and was about to hit Darkmir hard.

"DARKMIR! STOP!" Her voice resonated through his brain and the pain faded.

The crowd had scattered, Darkmir was master with mind control and no one bothered with the two non-human fight now.

But Aislin saw them.

"How dare you hurt innocent people? What is it you want now?" She asked hatefully scowling at Darkmir.

His anger subsided and he looked now aware that she was annoyed. He immediately stopped with his antics.

"But- B.." before he could explain his behavior which was not so innocent she turned to look at him.

"Are you alright? Did he hurt you badly?" She asked with a concerned look in her eyes.

But Ayduin just stared at her speechless. It was her, finally, it was her!

Aislin, it's me.

Her eyes shot up to meet his deep brown ones, warm and unusual on a Prince of Ice Elves.

Ayduin. She thought it like a wishfully thinking with a romantic sigh.

He nodded, a small tugged at the corner of his lips.

Ayduin! She repeated the thought.

Her lips slowly stretched into a smile as realization dawned on her, a single drop of tear escaped her eye.

She was finally, face to face with the Prince in her head!

***

I am pretty sure the thought in your head is...FINALLY!

But the thing is my awesome people..this marks the end of first book and yes you will be getting an epilogue with a shocking information xD

As soon as this book hits 25K I will be writing the second part for you guys:)

Till then I have a NEW BOOK surprise for you guys! :)