Chapter 1: Inkopolis Square

Agent 4 walked into Inkopolis Square, wondering what to do. He saw stores and a big tower. Agent 4 assumed that it was like the tower in Inkopolis, where you go to battle. But he didn't want to battle yet. He kept looking, and his eyes wandered up to the top of the tower. Pearl and Marina were up there doing the news, and that caught Agent 4's eye.

They said that the Great Zapfish was missing again. Agent 4 couldn't believe it. How could it go missing again? Then he saw someone standing on a kettle. She didn't look like she was just standing there for no reason. So Agent 4 decided to investigate. He walked over to the lady. When he got over there, she dropped into the kettle.

"Weird," said Agent 4. He jumped in after her and ended up in another place. The lady was standing there, waiting for him.

"You came," she said.

"Who are you?" Agent 4 asked, confused.

"I'm Marie, from the squid sisters."

"Well, what do you need?" Agent 4 asked.

"A new recruit for the Squidbeak Splatoon," she replied.

"Squidbeak Splatoon?" Agent 4 said, surprised.

"Yep," answered Marie. "Squidbeak Splatoon."

Agent 4 was confused and excited. He thought there was already an Agent 3.

"Hey, I didn't get your name," said Marie.

"Oh, yeah. It's Jay."

"Well, Jay, I think it's time to get moving," said Marie.

"Oh man," Jay replied, not knowing what comes next.