Chapter 10: Bombs Away

Jay jumped into the next kettle with the Hero Dualies, dual pistols that Sheldon gave him. He landed in an open area with some small walls. He looked around and saw Octobombers. They started to shoot bombs at Jay, so he hid behind the walls for protection. He then jumped out and splatted the Octobombers and kept moving. Jay swam across moving platforms, trying not to get splatted by the incoming bombs around him. It was hard to ink and dodge at the same time. 

Eventually, Jay found himself grinding on a rail, shooting at Octocopters. He jumped over ink pillars and ducked under them. Jay was having fun grinding. He got to shoot everything without worrying about getting hit. Once he got off the rail, there were more Octobombers. But this time, there were no walls. So Jay had to get creative. He hid in the ink so the Octobombers wouldn't see him, then he would jump out and splat them.

"Whew," he said.

Jay kept swimming along, avoided the barrage of bombs flying at him. He could see the zapfish, but it would be hard to get to because there were eight Octobombers guarding it. Jay would have to distract them so he could grab the zapfish. Then Jay saw something. It looked like some special power up. So he grabbed it, and it gave him the Splatdown to use.

"So that's how I'm supposed to get the zapfish," he said.

Jay swam in the middle of all the Octobombers and used the Splatdown, splatting them all and breaking the zapfish's force field. Then he grabbed the zapfish.

"That was awesome!" he exclaimed.

Then he got warped back to Octo Canyon, where Sheldon was standing there.

"Did you like the Splatdown?" he asked.

"Yeah, it was cool!" Jay replied.

"Good, good!" Sheldon said, running off like usual.

""You've been doing very well," Marie said. "You're really helping us out."

"Oh, thanks," Jay replied. "I like helping people."

Jay then started to head over to the next kettle, ready for what would come next.