Chapter 2: Octo Canyon

"So what is this place anyways," asked Jay. He had never been to a place like this. But one thing was for sure, there was a lot of purple ink.

"This is Octo Canyon, where the Octarians are. They stole the Great Zapfish again, and it's up to us to defeat them," Marie replied.

"So what do I do?" Jay asked.

"You jump in one of those kettles to start a mission," Marie said, pointing to a kettle. "I'll be on a wireless transmission to talk to you."

Jay looked into the kettle and saw nothing.

"Well, here I go!" Jay jumped into the kettle and found himself in a plain looking area with a weapon in his hands.

"Wait, how did I get a weapon?" he asked.

"I sent one down with you, because you'd be calamari without it," Marie said.

Jay continued along, splatting Octarians as he went. There was nothing too dangerous, but he knew that this was just the beginning. 

"So, why are these Octarians evil?" Jay asked.

"Nobody knows. They just showed up one day and stole the Great Zapfish. We got it back, but now they stole it again," Marie replied.

Jay saw a zapfish in the distance. He knew that it was a mini zapfish, so he ran towards it at full speed, just to trip at the last second. Jay heard Marie laugh, but he didn't care. He was going to grab that zapfish. Jay got up and blasted the force field around it, then grabbed the zapfish.

"Yeah!" exclaimed Jay. "I did it!"

"Now I'm going to warp you back to Octo Canyon," said Marie, pressing a few buttons on a machine.

Jay disappeared and reappeared by Marie.

"Wow, that was actually kind of fun, besides the tripping part," he said.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, because you'll be doing it many more times," Marie said.

"How many? And when do I get to fight their leader?" Jay asked. 

"There are still many more missions, and you're going to have to fight the other boss Octarians before you can fight DJ Octavio, or who I assume will be DJ Octavio," replied Marie.

"He's a DJ? How hard can a DJ be?" asked Jay, confused.

"Harder than you think," Marie said.