Chapter 11: Faceplant

Jay was swimming over to the next kettle when he spotted something, or, someone. But when he looked straight at it, it ducked.

"That's weird," Jay said.

He couldn't tell what is was, but he assumed that it was an Octoling spying on him. But he didn't care. Nobody was going to stop him from defeating DJ Octavio.

"Well, into the kettle," Jay said.

He jumped into the kettle and landed on a tall tower. Jay could see a big area with lots of little blocks running around.

"What are those?" Jay asked.

"Octostamps," replied Marie. "They try to faceplant into you."

"Oh, well I don't think they'll be too much of a problem," Jay said, jumping onto the big area.

He ran around with is dualies, shooting the Octostamps after they faceplanted into the ground. They were no threat to Jay because he easily avoided them. Jay kept going, shooting more and more Octostamps as he went. Eventually, he reached a rail.

"Ooo, more grinding!" exclaimed Jay.

Jay jumped onto the rail and started to grind his way to the end. There were Octosnipers trying to shoot him off, but Jay barely outran there lasers. Jay got to the end of the rail and jumped off, but he faceplanted into the floor.

"Oww," said Jay.

"It looks like those Octostamps are rubbing off on you," joked Marie.

But Jay just got up and kept going, avoiding more Octostamps. Once he got to the end, he broke the shield round the zapfish and grabbed it.

"Boom!" Jay yelled.

Then Marie warped him back to Octo Canyon once again.

"The boss kettle is over there," said Marie, pointing to a big kettle. "You should get going, I saw an Octoling spying on us."

"So it was an Octoling!" exclaimed Jay. "I knew it!"

Then Jay ran and swam over to the boss kettle.

"I wonder what this one will be," he said.