Wednesday: TEETH

Shiro spun around to see Keith pointing to Lance and Pidge who were stuck between a black bioluminescent shark and a reef.
Shiro swam faster than a bullet, wrapping his arms tightly around the jaws and giving Lance time to pull Pidge away.
The shark wrestled out of Shiro's grasp and tried to go after Lance, who was bleeding quite a bit.
Shiro swam up to get some air and dove back down, gesturing for the team to go inside the cave.
Hunk nodded, wrapping his arms around the other three and pulling them into the cave.
Pidge tried to catch a peek of Shiro fighting the shark but was pulled back into hiding by Hunk.
Shiro noticed Lance watching and pointed to the sandline.
Lance grabbed everybody's hands and led them back to shore.
"Do you think Shiro will be ok?" Pidge asked Keith, only to both be hugged by Lance.
"We're all worried about him," Hunk sighed, deciding to busy himself rather than be worried, and handed his fish to Lance.
"Where are you going?" Lance inquired, as Hunk began to walk towards the woods.
"I'm getting firewood," Hunk sighed, "that way we can heat up dinner when he gets back."
"I'll come with you,"Lance stood up and gave both fish to Pidge, throwing one last sympathetic look towards Keith and Pidge.

At twilight it had been two hours since they got back to shore, Lance had started a campfire, Hunk had started warming up dinner, and Keith was still sitting next to Pidge in a sandy tidepool.
"They haven't moved, or said anything," Lance sighed, looking at the red and green paladin.
"Yeah," Hunk did a double-take, "Lance, they're standing up."
The two of them watched curiously as Pidge and Keith cautiously walked out, then took off running into the deeper water.
"HOLY CHEESE, SHIRO'S GONNA KILL US!" Lance screamed, running after them. He stood at the edge of the sandbar frantically searching for Pidge and Keith. He ran his fingers through his hair and began pacing, "oh man, Shiro's gonna come back, and they'll be gone, and he'll kill me for losing his kids!"
"Lance, calm down, you're worse then Pidge," Shiro laughed weakly from behind Lance.
"Quiznak Lance, we were just helping Shiro." Keith sighed, walking back to where Hunk was tending dinner.
When Hunk saw Shiro he nearly dropped dinner.
Pidge sighed, "he says he won."
"Are you sure he won?" Hunk was staring at the cuts, contusions, and teeth stuck in Shiro's skin.
"You think this is bad," Shiro smiled, "you should see the other guy."
"Shiro, we're gonna need to pull these out and disinfect the wounds," Pidge sighed.
Shiro pulled one that was imbedded in his collar bone, "that wasn't so bad."
"Trust me," Keith whispered, grabbing the crown of one in his shoulder blade, "it only gets worse."
When Keith yanked, Shiro bit his lip.

An hour passed and they finally got all the teeth out.
"Can we please have dinner before we continue?" Shiro grimaced, rubbing the angry red cuts on his left bicep.
"Finally!" Hunk smiled, "I'm starving."
"What is it?" Keith asked, accepting a wrap of tinfoil with his name on it.
Shiro looked at him with all the seriousness he could possibly muster, "food."
Lance burst out laughing.
Everybody just held their package of tinfoil and stared at Shiro. "Are you guys gonna open them and eat them, or stare at me?" Shiro sighed, accepting the package that had his name and a label that read, 'do not heat.'
Lance shrugged and opened his, only to smile and look at Shiro. Garlic knots and pizza rolls. "p-Pidge, what do you have in yours?"
"Mac & cheese nachos with a jar of peanut butter, Keith?" Pidge smiled.
Keith was unenthusiastic on the outside, but it was brisket and sweet tea like Shiro used to make on Earth. "The souls of my enemies. What about you, Hunk?"
"Kabobs," he mumbled happily through a full mouth. "The real question is, what did Shiro bring for himself?"
"Sushi."
"What kind?" They all asked in unison.
Shiro stopped chewing and swallowed, he was silent for a moment, "...shark."
"Really?" Lance was completely awestruck, whereas Shiro merely nodded.
At this point Shiro noticed something odd about Lance, Keith, and Hunk.
"Why are you wearing those fish during dinner?"
"Because...." Lance looked questioningly to Keith and Hunk. They shrugged and he looked back to Shiro, "because we're hot merman...?"
Shiro laughed, "w-we should probably get back to the castle."

Having packed up and put out the fire, the team walked back to the shuttle under a starry sky streaked with rich purples and blues.

Upon arrival at the castle, Shiro found that the others had fallen asleep. He woke Hunk up and enlisted his help in carrying the others to bed.
Hunk carried Keith to bed then stumbled to his bedroom. Meanwhile, Shiro had already put Pidge to bed and had Lance slung over his shoulder.
Putting Lance on his bed actually woke him up, causing Shiro to whisper, "shh... Lance, go back to bed, it's ok."
"Okay daddy." Lance smiled, still half-asleep.
Shiro sighed with relief and went to bed.