Taxing Tuesday: Respite

It was nearly 9 P.M. before Keith and Lance saw or heard the others.
"I made dinner," Lance sighed, checking to see if Keith was any better.
"What is it?" Keith groaned in response.
"Macaroodles."
Keith stared at Lance for a few minutes before finally muttering, "w-what?"
"Macaroodles," Lance continued setting up the living room for dinner.
"Maccaroons?"
Lance sighed, "Keith, Macaroodles are-"
Lance was cut off by a sooty Shiro walking through the door with Hunk and Pidge in tow. "At least we got it done."
"Aww yeah, Mac and Cheese, I'm starving," Hunk smiled drowsily.
"Then it's a good thing I dished out bowls!" Lance grinned, handing the bowls out.
Pidge walked over to the pot of Mac & Cheese, picked it up along with a fork, and walked back to where the team was sitting.
"Do you want a bowl?" Keith inquired, still looking sick.
Pidge looked from the pot to Keith, "no."
"Alrighty then," Lance sighed.

After that, everyone was too tired or hungry to say anything until about halfway through dinner.
"Lance," Shiro started, the thought finally dawning on him, "how did you cook this if the kitchen was blown up?"
Everyone stopped to stare at Lance. "I will not tell you, until you're too tired to be mad."
"I don't think how you did it will make him mad, I think where you did it is what would get him." Keith muttered, continuing to eat.
"For the record, it was his idea! He's the delinquent," Lance exclaimed, pointing to Keith, "he told me how to do it and everything!"
"Keith, is this true?" Shiro turned his attention to the ill paladin.
"Yep."
Shiro rubbed the ridge of his nose and continued eating, "in light of recent events, I'm letting you both off the hook for this."
"That's good, because I'm about to loose my Macaroodles." Keith suddenly turned a darker shade of green, scrambled to his feet and ran out with Lance chasing after him.
Pidge and Hunk looked at each other, "Macaroodles?"
Shiro stood to leave, "you two need to get to bed before 10."
"Yes dad."

Shiro walked down the hallway to check on Keith, whom he found sitting on the bathroom floor without a shirt.
"Keith-"
"Lance has it," Keith croaked.
Lance appeared in the doorway. "I put it in the laundry, but all I could find was this," he held out a black shirt with a marching skeleton emblazoned on the front.
"Lance, do you have a flashlight?" Shiro asked Lance, who was tying Keith's hair back for him.
"In the cupboard next to your head," Lance directed.
Shiro grabbed it and knelt in front Keith, covering his eyes.
Keith leaned his head against the sink, "you think I have a concussion."
"I think you might," Shiro replied, pulling his hand away. He checked both eyes' response to the flashlight. Finally he sighed, rubbing his own eyes.
"What is it?" Lance asked, trying not to sound worried.
"We'll need to figure out how to keep him up all night," Shiro answered.
"I'll stay up with him," Lance offered watching Hunk and Pidge trudging down the hallway to bed.
"I'll stay with you two."
"Okie-dokie," Lance helped Keith up and the trio walked down to Keith's room.