"he means well." | pietro maximoff

Title: "He means well."

Pairing: Pietro Maximoff x Stark!Reader

Summary: After almost losing his life in Sokovia, Pietro asks Y/N out, but they choose to keep their relationship secret.

Warnings: none

Word Count: 813

___

"You look beautiful, dragoste." Pietro murmured in your ear as you joined the group that consisted of him, his sister and Natasha. His words were lost to ears other than your own due to the party taking place around you.

Music played softly in the background amidst the chatter of the guests. Glasses clinked softly as laughter sounded throughout another portion of the room where, no doubt, Thor was telling one of his stories. "Thank you, Piet." You whispered back, a smile tugging at your lips as you refrained from looking at him again.

Your father, Tony, was across the room, but you could feel him eyeing the two of you. He had been suspicious after finding you two on the couch together last week, you were about to kiss when he walked in. Somehow you managed to play it off, but you knew Tony remained suspicious anyhow.

Pietro subtly followed your gaze to find Tony staring at your group, "Excuse me." he mumbled. You watched him disappear into the crowd of party goers before you could no longer. "What finally got you out of your room?" Natasha smirked, taking in your appearance.

"I figured I'd try something new." You shrugged, still staring in the direction that Pietro had disappeared to. "More rather -- who?" Wanda commented, sipping from her wine, the color matching her nails. You turned back to the two women in front of you, "No one got me to come out. I just wanted to do something different." You insisted.

"Like foreign." Natasha quipped, grinning devilishly. "Its so obvious you two like each other." She continued and you were quiet, "Why haven't you told your dad you're together?" Wanda joined in, her blue eyes were mischievous, and you could swear you saw a flash of red in them. You laughed, "You know my dad would kill him if he knew."

"Do you even love your brother?" You joked, crossing your arms.  Wanda shrugged, "At times, he is annoying." Natasha chuckled before taking a sip from her own glass as you gazed around the room, finding him making conversation with Steve and Bruce.

They were laughing about something Steve had just said and it was beautiful to see a smile on Pietro's face. It only faltered for a moment when your dad joined the conversation and at that point, it had now become merely a disguise. He was using Steve and Bruce to get Tony off of the two of you. It seemed to be working as your father didn't look in your direction again for the rest of the night.

_____

You balanced your nude heels on your fingers, curling them up inside them like a hook, and walked down the hallway to your room. The party had just ended as the last guest had finally left for the night.

Everyone was now retiring to their rooms after a night of celebration and socializing. Your feet padded against the shiny, dark wooden floors and the flatness of it was heavenly.

You pushed open the door to your room, tossing your heels into a heap by your dresser and shutting the door. But not before something else, rather someone else could get in.

Your boyfriend was now laying across your bed, under the covers, already shirtless and ready to cuddle, "Come to bed already, dragoste." His voice was raspy, something it only became when he was tired, as he watched you. You shook your head, smiling and went into the bathroom to change.

It was a minute later when you climbed into bed and snuggled into him. Due to his enhancements, he was naturally warmer and being in his arms in general was a win. As you laid your head on his chest, he began to play with your fingers, intertwining them and letting go.

"Piet?" You spoke softly, a quiet 'mhmm' was your cue to continue. "Are you scared of my dad at all?" You asked and he thought about it for a moment. "Yes and no." You looked up at him raising an eyebrow, "No because I love you and would never hurt you. Because of that, I have no reason to worry, yes?"

You nodded slowly, admiring his hand intertwined with yours again, "Yes because he loves you. It is similar to how I care for my sister. If anyone were to hurt her, I'd hurt them." He thought about his words for a moment.

"But then again, she'd probably do more damage than me anyways." He chuckled making you let out a breathless laugh. He wrapped his arms around you and rested his chin on the top o your head, "I know that he loves you and I would never wish to break your heart, dragoste."

It was silent for a moment before he spoke again, "He means well."