prom | wanda maximoff

Title: Prom

Pairing: Wanda Maximoff x Reader

Summary: Y/N takes Wanda to prom & admits her feelings

Wanda's dress:  https://simages.ericdress.com/Upload/EricDress/SPU/Image/201705/watermark/1050-1400/2064d19d-0b04-4d49-bc86-85ec5eef8bfb.jpg

Y/N's dress:  https://image.dhgate.com/0x0/f2/albu/g5/M01/E1/94/rBVaJFlHj3GAcK5UAASg7UoD8GQ063.jpg

Warnings: none, just fluff; 

Word Count: 1033

___

It all started with a simple question:

"Wanda -- do you think I should get this dress?" You asked, shoving your phone in her face for her to see your pick. "I feel like it would only look good on the model." It was a long sleeved, full length black dress, the top was a knit mesh embroidered with beautiful deep red roses and the bottom was of a thicker fabric that gave way to a slit allowing the dress to swirl around the model's legs.

"It is beautiful, Y/N. You would look great in it -- is your uncle hosting another party soon?" She asked, eyeing it carefully. You shook your head turning off your phone's screen and stuffing it in your pocket, "Nope, I'm picking my dress for prom!"

"Prom?" her eyebrows rose, "It's that time of year already?" You smiled, "Yeah, it is. It's my last one and I want to look amazing!" Wanda smiled back faintly before turning her attention to her book, "You will, I'm sure of it." You unlocked your phone again, grinning at the dress before screenshotting it and sending it to your uncle, Tony.

"Wanda?" you asked, she hummed back in response, her green eyes fluttering over the book's pages. "Did you go to prom? Did you guys have one?" It had occurred to you that she probably hadn't, considering not only the difference in cultures, but even if she had her parents had died a little before the time that she would've. She shook her head, "We had a version, yes. I never went -- Pietro tried to convince me to go, but I wasn't comfortable. It was too soon."

"I let Pietro go and have fun. I stayed in our new and smaller apartment because I couldn't after what happened. I had too many flashbacks and nightmares about it, I could never forget." You frowned, placing your hand on Wanda's as she spoke. It seemed to be a pretty grim topic for her and you could understand why. She also seemed somewhat longing for the experience though and for days you had been trying to build the guts to ask her. "Why don't you come with me? You could be my date." You asked nervously. Wanda shook her head quickly, "It's fine, Y/N. I've had my fair share of your uncle's parties."

"No, I really want to go with you." You grinned as she glanced at you hesitantly, before smiling softly, "Okay."

And so it began.

There was a lot of fuss in the few weeks that followed over which dress she would wear, how her hair would look, and if she wanted to wear makeup. You helped her with everything and were rewarded with more and more of her dazzling smile and laughter.

And almost as soon as it began, it was almost over because it was finally the day of.

You stood in your room putting the finishing touches on your hair, music playing softly in the background as you sang along. A soft knock came from the other side of your door as you applied your lipstick, "Come in!" you called.

The door opened and your uncle stepped in, "Hey, kiddo. You ready?" he asked as you nodded. "Yeah, is she ready?" He nodded in return, "Everyone's waiting downstairs to see you off." You grabbed your black clutch, "Let's go." You breathed out, looping your arm through his.

Just as he had said, your family as well as your extended Avengers family had gathered in the lounge to see you off. You smiled gratefully as you spotted your grandmother from your mother's side sitting next to Sam, they were indulging in light conversation as you made your way down the stairs. Behind them was Steve who was taking a multitude of pictures, but right next to him was Wanda and Pietro. Pietro's hands were quickly flying about Wanda's hair making sure every piece sat in place as Wanda scolded him; however her laughter gave away her thankfulness for her brother.

She looked absolutely beautiful, her dark brown hair was pulled back into a sleek high ponytail, allowing her red lipstick to compliment her vivacious green eyes. She wore a full length black dress with a deep v-cut with fabric that flowed around her legs making her look effortless.

You walked over to the pair of them, your eyes never leaving Wanda -- completely in awe at how amazing she looked. You were absolutely thankful that you were given the chance to be able to take her and you didn't want to screw anything up. You were planning on telling her how you felt tonight and even if she didn't feel the same, you still want it to be special. "You look beautiful," was the first thing you said when you saw her.

"Thank you, Y/N. You too." She smiled back, making your heart flutter a bit. You saw a twinkle in her eyes and could tell that she was genuinely happy. "Alright, let's get some pictures of the two of you together." Your grandmother said, holding up her camera, "I want some for my wall at home." The two of you posed together as your picture was taken from many different angles, you resting your hand on her side and hers on yours. The picture taking lasted for another five minutes before your uncle interrupted, "Okay, they're gonna be much more than fashionably late if they don't leave soon! Happy?" Happy gestured you two towards the door as your family shouted words of encouragement and for you guys to have fun.

As you guys walked down towards the limo (with Happy a respectable distance behind), she struck up conversation, "I really appreciate you bringing me with you to your prom as your plus one, Y/N." You shook your head, "Plus one? You're my date, I wanted to go with you so badly -- it just took me forever to ask." Wanda furrowed her brows, surprised, "Really?" You nodded, the two of you stopping short of the limo, "Of course, I like you." A half smile appeared on her face as she said the words you longed to hear, "I like you too."