unexpected pt I | pietro maximoff

Title: Unexpected Part I

Pairing: Pietro Maximoff x Reader

Summary: Y/N's got some news to tell Pietro, but isn't quite sure how he'll take it

Warnings: unexpected pregnancy (?)

Word Count: 812

___

You bit your lip at the thought of what you were preparing yourself to do. You had been awake for hours last night dreading the moment when you'd finally see your boyfriend.

You were about to knock on his door when Wanda turned the corner and spotted you, "Good morning, Y/N." She waved, you smiled back nervously. You had been hoping to avoid Wanda for a bit until you had talked to Pietro. You knew Wanda would immediately be able to pick up on your nerves and you had been trying all morning to keep them at bay. You were a sudden contrast to your bubbly self the day before and while unusually uncharacteristic you hoped no one would notice, "Hey, Wanda."

Wanda stopped by your side, leaning against the wall, "He probably won't be awake for another hour." She nodded her head towards the door in front of you where on the other side Pietro lay asleep. You simply nodded, biting your lip harder.

Wanda eyed you for a moment and you swore you could see that familiar glint of red in her eyes. Even if you had missed it, it was written all over her face. Your thoughts must have been louder than you thought, "Come, let's get breakfast." She said, linking your arms together and leading you away from his door.

Y/N sighed. You know you need to put something on your stomach, but with all the nerves and other reasons it was almost impossible to keep your food down. However, you walked with Wanda anyway towards the kitchen where Clint and Natasha sat drinking coffee.

"Morning, Wanda, Y/N. Want a cup?" Clint gestured to the pot next to him full of fresh hot coffee, you shook your head quickly as Wanda looked at you knowingly, "I'm fine."

You sat down on the stool at the island next to Nat, "I'll make you some eggs." Wanda offered, walking over to the sleek gray fridge and pulling out the egg carton.

You fiddled with you fingers, anxiously awaiting the arrival of Piet. You really needed to talk to him -- it was beyond important.

After another hour like Wanda had surmised, Pietro zipped into the kitchen, a sleepy smile on his face and your stomach started doing flips. "Morning, frumoasa." He kissed your temple lightly. You looked at his dopey smile and how his blonde hair was completely disheveled -- he was cute.

"Morning, how is regele meu today?" You ask as he sits down next to you. "Wonderful, dragoste, and you? You almost seemed troubled when I came in." You didn't think that he would catch that let alone ask about it, "I'm fine, Piet. We can talk later." You smile and he nods before speeding to his sister's side to join her in making breakfast.

___

It had been a long day -- after finally building up the nerve to talk to him this morning, you chickened out -- again. What if you told him and he decided he didn't want to be a father to your child? What if he hated you for not telling him right away? What if the two of you kept it, but you guys weren't ready? There was so much more to this than just the two of you having a kid.

And so, you spent most of the day avoiding Pietro whenever you could and you were sure he had picked up on it, before finally giving up and leaving you alone. At least you thought so anyway.

You were leaning over the toilet seat in complete misery when he found you. "Regina mea, what is wrong?" He rushes next to you on the floor, handing you tissue to wipe your mouth. The vomiting and queasiness you felt had you on the verge of tears.

A few stray ones escaped and Pietro lightly brushed them away, "This isn't how I pictured telling you." His brows furrowed, "Telling me what, dragoste?" More tears escaped at his words and your shoulders shake with your troubling cries.

He pulls you close, rubbing your back as your tears soak his shirt. You sit like this for a minute before you pull away and look him in his blue eyes. They're filled with worry and concern, "I'm pregnant, Piet."

His expression is unreadable, "How long?" You shrug, "Three months probably, I'm not quite sure. I found out three days -- I missed two periods in a row so I bought a test." He sighs bringing you closer once again.

"Even though this wasn't planned for at least another ten years, I'm not going anywhere." You sniffled into his shoulder, "You want it?" He kisses the top of your head, "Of course. We'll be great parents together -- I love you, broasca testoasa!" you chuckle at the teasing nickname, "I love you too, Piet."

"We're in this together."