girlfriend | peter parker

Title: girlfriend

Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader

Summary: Y/N's been working up the nerve to tell Peter how she feels so Pietro decides to give her a push — until she sees Peter with Liz Allen.

Warnings: none

A/N: This has been sitting in my drafts for some time, thought I'd post it.

Word Count: 1176

___

Normally on a Saturday, you'd be training with Peter, but tight ass Steve (as you guys called him when it came to training) would be away on a mission. So you thought this would be the perfect day for you two to finally go on a date. However you'd need to build up the guts to ask him first -- you'd been trying all week and had been chickening out each time in fear of failing miserably.

Today was your last chance because tomorrow was Saturday, but you'd been procrastinating all day. So far, it had been a day of applying for summer jobs and eating leftover take out -- staying as far away from Peter as possible. You had managed to schedule a phone interview for the job that you had your heart set on the most within the next hour. Given your unproductive manner towards your goal, it seemed that your friends thought it'd be best to meddle and it wasn't long before Pietro appeared in your room with the intention of annoying you.

Pietro thought it would be funny to take your phone and hide it around the base before your call. With his speed, there was no saying where your phone would eventually end up as you were no match for him. It wasn't even a second after he flashed you that mischievous grin that he took off in search of the perfect place to put your phone.

Because of how much he had on you in the speed department, he could've easily dropped your phone off somewhere and be done with it. Instead he decided to tease you, he'd slow down long enough for you to catch up and when you finally did, he'd zip off again. "Gotta be faster, broască ţestoasă!" he shouted running in the direction of the lounge.

You sighed defeated before moping past your room where you had originally started and down the steps towards the lounge. The closer you got, the more audibly laughing could be heard and it wasn't until you turned the corner that you could see Peter and a girl sitting on the couch together, looking pretty comfy. They were sitting fairly close and Peter whispered something to her that emitted a laugh from her lips. She smiled before saying something back that you didn't quite catch. Your heart sunk as you watched his eyes lit up and him nodding excitedly.

You weren't sure if you wanted to let them have their moment or ruin it. Jealousy sure was ugly, but you couldn't help yourself. You'd had a crush on Peter for the last two years now, ever since you guys met after brief dissolving of the Avengers due to the Sokovia Accords. He was sweet as ever and it didn't take long for you to get a huge crush on him. You were fairly sure he had felt the same, but neither of you had the guts to make the first move. Wanda and Natasha had been encouraging you for months to ask him out

She noticed you first and then Peter. "Y/N! Hey!" he chuckled, "Um, this is uh -- this is Liz." She smiled waving at you politely, you awkwardly waved back. "Uh, hey." Who was she? She had to just be a friend from school, right? She couldn't have been his girlfriend. Peter would've told you if he liked -- not to mention was dating, someone. It couldn't have been that serious if he never mentioned her, right?

You backed out of the room quickly, hurrying back the way you came. Tears were brimming in your eyes as you pushed open the door to your room. Pietro was lazily sprawled across your bed, holding your phone in one hand and the remote to your TV in the other as he flipped through channel after channel. He smirked at you mischievously before he noticed the tears in your eyes and his face suddenly fell.

"Whoa, Y/N, what's wrong?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. The tears began to roll down your face, but you just sniffled and replied, "Nothing, I'm fine." "Y/N, something's wrong. What is it?" You wiped your tears, "P-Peter's got a girlfriend." In a second he was holding you as you cried onto his shirt, "I saw them in the lounge." Before he could get a word out, your phone rang.

"Now if you'll excuse me I have to go take this call." He handed your phone to you before rushing out of your room, shutting the door behind him. You sniffled, plopping down your bed before quickly wiping away your tears and hitting answer on the call.

It was later that night when you finally pulled yourself together enough to come out of your room. You ended up ordering yourself more takeout and had Happy buzz it in, you still had to walk out of your room to get it though. You slowly walked into the kitchen, spotting the big brown bag of food on the counter and then examining its contents. Getting a cup down from the cabinet, you got yourself some water and began to attempt to carry your water, takeout, and phone all at the same time.

"Do you want some help?"

Peter stood cautiously in the doorway, watching your small struggle. "No, I'm fine." you muttered, fixing the bag in your arms. He walked closer, taking the bag from you, "Here, Y/N. I've got it. Can we talk?" You sighed reluctantly before leading the way to your room. He followed behind you quietly and once you were inside, placed the heavy bag of food on your bed. You sat down beside it and opened it up, absolutely eager to get your hands on your food. He stood awkwardly and quietly at the edge of your bed.

"Y/N, I wanted to talk to you about um, earlier." he started, you nodded slowly as you pushed around your lo mein noodles. "That wasn't what you think it was." You squinted at him, "How do you know what I think it was?" You scooped some lo mein into your mouth and chewed waiting for him to continue, "Um, Wanda told me -- Pietro told her." You bit your lip nervously at the memory of you crying into Pietro's shoulder.

"Liz isn't my girlfriend. She's an old friend from school -- she moved a few years ago and was in the state so she came to visit." he clarified as you processed his words. You officially felt like a fool, you immediately had jumped to conclusions about Peter and Liz without any confirmation. "I don't like her, I like you."

You looked up at him, he finally said it. "You like me?" he nodded, sitting down next to you on the bed. "I like you too." He breathed a sigh of relief, "I'm glad that we're on the same page because I've been trying to build up the guts," he smiled, "...to ask you if you wanted to go out with me tomorrow night."

"I'd love to."