cat got your tongue? | sam wilson

Title: Cat Got Your Tongue?

Pairing: Sam Wilson x Reader

Summary: Sam learns of Y/N's interest in cats...

Warnings: None.

Word Count: 426

___

Your small gray cat stepped into your lap as you relaxed post mission, it's little paws hitting the blanket you had wrapped yourself in. "Hey, cutie." You mumbled, absentmindedly stroking its head, "How was your day?" 

Your own day had been long and absolutely tiring. It started with helping Steve train a recruit before you got called on an impromptu mission that almost ended with bullet holes in your arm. Last minute defensive reflexes kicked in and pulled you out the way.

"I hope it was better than mine." You continue, snuggling up to your cat. "So I had my suspicions after those googly eyes you made at Natasha today, but I take it you're into cats?" A voice says.

You turn and see Sam in the doorway, seemingly amused at the sight of you and your furry friend, Heaven. "That a problem, Wilson?"

Sam steps into the room shaking his head, a grin on his face, "Nah -- not at all." He sits down across from you as you resume running your hand across Heaven's fur.

"Good because then we'd have to fight." You say jokingly as she rubs her head against your hand. A light chuckle escapes Sam at your comment, "That's cute, you think you could take me on in a fight."

"I could and I would." You respond, mischief dancing in your eyes as you look up at him. He only chuckles once more.

"You a dog man?" A grin matching his own makes its way onto your face as he shakes his head vigorously, "No! I'm only a cat man. Nothing more, nothing less."

You chuckle as Heaven escapes from your lap to walk in the direction of your room. You watch her small frame until its gone when Sam speaks again, "So I guess that means I don't have a chance then?" He asks, throwing you off guard.

"Huh?" You turn back to face him, "You're into cats, right? So I take it that I don't have a chance?" He repeats making you smirk. You get up to follow Heaven, stopping behind him as you do. Your lips get very close to his ear as you whisper, "Now, who said I didn't like dogs too?"

Walking towards the door, you pause briefly to look at him. He's processing what you had just said and the thought of him actually having a chance with you. A small smile makes its way onto his face, but he's still at a loss for words. "What's wrong, Wilson?" You smirk, "Cat got your tongue?"