nyx | peter parker

Title: Nyx

Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader

Summary: Peter meets his superhero crush, Y/N Y/L/N aka Nyx, for the first time and asks her out

Warnings: none

Word Count: 534

___

There he was.

He was hitting a tan practice dummy, sweating up a storm. His hair had started curling at the ends due to the amount of sweat that was dripping down his body. He seemed so into what he was doing, he didn't notice your presence by the window. You watched him for a few more moments before Natasha appeared at your side, "Have you introduced yourself or have you just been standing here the whole time like a creep?" She smirked playfully.

You rolled your eyes at her comment and shook your head, "He's just so..." You trailed off watched him get one last hit in before finally taking a break, "Interesting. What are his powers again?" You asked.

"He's training in combat, but generally he's suit based-- he's Spider Man." She answered, before grabbing your shoulders and steering you away from the window. "You should introduce yourself."

"I'd rather not." You mumbled, "Why? You got a crush?" She teased, but you bit your lip and avoided her eyes, giving yourself away. "You actually like him, don't you?" You nodded nervously, "Go introduce yourself, I promise he doesn't bite." She nudged you towards the door.

You slowly walked inside, he was drinking from a blue water bottle "Hey." He turned at the sound of your voice and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. His eyes widened at the sight of his superhero crush, "Hey."

"I don't think we've met, I'm Y/N." You offered a hand and he shook it, "I know. You're Nyx, right?" You nodded, grinning to yourself internally, "You know me?"

"Yeah, I love your work." He smiled and you smiled back, "Thanks." He was cute, in a nerdy kind of way. He had big brown eyes that were filled with joy and wonder at the building around him.

"How are you liking it here so far?" You inquired sitting down on the bench by the water cooler. He followed you over and filled up his bottle, "Its great. Everyone's been super helpful so far. I love it."

"What about rooming next to Vision?" You asked, pressing your tongue against the inside of your cheek. "Its going." Peter commented, making a face, "More or less." You laughed at his expression, "He hasn't been using the door much has he?" Peter shook his head, "Not at all."

"So how come I haven't really seen you around?" Peter wondered, screwing the top on his bottle and taking a seat next to you. It was something he'd been thinking about for days now. He'd been really eager to meet you finally.

"I am the shadows." You joked making him chuckle. "But seriously, I don't usually train during the day. I prefer to at night." He began nodding as if it finally clicked, "That makes sense!" He laughed, looking down at his hands. "I don't know why that didn't occur to me."

You shrugged, "I don't expect you to know my training schedule." He looked up and was just staring at you now however you couldn't understand why. "Well, I'd like to know for when I take you out." He responded cheekily, "Is that okay?"

You nodded, "That's definitely okay."