flame | steve rogers

Title: Flame

Pairing: Steve Rogers x Enhanced!Reader

Summary: Y/N is pyrokinetic and keeps running into Steve on missions before they officially meet (Part I ???)

Warnings: light swearing

Word Count: 1426

___

Steve threw a punch at the Chitauri warrior that was headed towards him before throwing his shield through the chest of another. It fell to the ground dead before he pulled the shield from its body.

All around him, chaos ensued as more Chitaurian warriors rained down from the sky. The team was doing their best at handling it, but at the rate they were coming out of the hole in the sky it seemed practically impossible to keep up. They were entirely outnumbered and could use all the help they could get.

Which is exactly why he didn't investigate too much into it when he saw you fighting by their side as if you were part of the team. Impressively, you could take on almost twenty to thirty Chitauri at once causing almost as much damage to their forces as the Hulk. All it took was a simple flick of your wrist and flames engulfed their bodies, killing them instantly.

Steve continued to glance over at you as the two of you fought side by side. The time in which you were taking out the Chitauri was incredible and he'd never seen powers like yours before. You had taken down a number of three hundred warriors in the last thirty minutes. He was beyond ready to recruit you for the team.

However it wasn't long until Tony had successfully directed the missile into their mother ship killing them all instantly. You had been a little down the street from Steve and when it happened, but before he could ask you your name, you had disappeared.

He slung his shield onto his back staring at where you had once been before heading to Tony's side.

_____

The second time you saw him, he ruined any chances you had at finding out more about your powers.

You ascended the stairs two at a time before meeting an agent at the top step. Within seconds however he was on the ground after you landed a good punch to his jaw. You were at a Hydra base in Sokovia run by Baron Strucker. You had finally tracked him down after realizing he had been doing experimentation similar to the stuff you went through as a kid.

You quickly hurried into the next room, sending throwing stars towards the necks of the agents inside. Their bodies dropped to the ground with a thud as you shut the door and slid in front of the computer screen.

You plugged your flash drive in and started pulling up information on the human trials they had been doing here. It took only a minute to get past their password protected files, but once you had you started copying them, an alarm rang out.

"Shit." You grumbled, willing the files to copy faster. You must've been sloppy, someone must have been alerted of your presence. Before you could silently curse yourself, you heard the sound of guns being fired outside. You stood up from your spot and looked out the huge window that overlooked the base. 

Down below in the snowy forces, punches were being thrown left and right, shots fired off in different directions. It all became clear as a familiar team came into view, taking down guards with ease. You watched as the captain sped in on a motorcycle before grabbing the handles, flipping and throwing it at a truck firing off shots. It hit it, forcing it to overturn, only two of the guards actually making it out. You smirked, it was actually kind of hot.