to say hello | peter parker

Title: To Say Hello

Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader

Summary: Peter's been feeling a little unappreciated lately so y/n shows him how much she cares about him

Warnings: nothing, but sickening fluff

A/N: Hey y'all! I am so sorry I have not updated this story in the longest. I am hoping in between my busy schedule to get back to it because writing makes me so happy. The last two years of my life has been hectic, I disappeared because I had a baby. I realized how much you guys liked this in my absence. I also think it's really important for there to be imagines for women of color so I will try my hand at continuing this. I hope y'all like this, I kind of loosely based it off of my most recent ex. This one's for him, some of the memories are actually ours. The breakup is still fresh but it made for a good imagine. Leave me some comments on what you guys would like to see. Also follow my Instagram, I follow back: ayycorinna !!! Thanks a bunch. I love you all. I'll be working on some stuff soon.

Word Count: 1327

___

"That's absolutely ridiculous, Peter!"

You were absolutely fuming right now, it took everything in you to not completely explode. You rubbed your temples trying to calm down.

"Well, what am I supposed to think?" Peter asked, visibly irritated. You had never seen him like this before; his eyebrows furrowed with a deep frown set in his red face -- he was practically shaking with anger.

You'd been dealing with Peter's mean bout of jealousy for a few weeks  after you started working with Pietro.

After a few years of mourning your old best friend, he turned out to be alive in a recovery center elsewhere. He had just returned to the team a few weeks ago with a bit of memory loss leading up to the events of Sokovia.

Since part of your powers could help people recover memories in addition to taking them away, Steve figured he'd put the two of you together for some sessions.

"He's just a friend!" You were beyond exasperated. You closed your eyes, putting your hands on your face as you sighed. "It didn't look like you guys were just friends." Peter's voice quieted and you could barely make it out, "I just haven't been feeling appreciated lately."

Your whole demeanor softened at his words and your heart sank. You opened your eyes and looked at him. He was anxiously playing with his fingers and avoiding eye contact."I haven't really seen you at all this last month. I've been trying to give you space because I thought you needed it — or wanted it." He continued. "I feel like you're either avoiding me or just too busy."

He was right; you had been spending all your time with Pietro. It was partially because of his memory, but also because you had genuinely missed hanging out with him. In doing so, you had neglected seeing your boyfriend and making it known how much you care about him. Your had been canceling plans, skipping out on planning things, rushing through phone calls, and so much more.

You loved him with all your heart and you never intended to make him feel the way he does. You rushed to apologize, "I am so sorry, Peter. You don't understand what you mean to me."

If only he knew.

If only he knew how many times you had stayed up thinking about him -- just laying in bed thinking about his floppy brown hair and puppy dog brown eyes. Thinking of his contagious smile and the laugh that melted your heart when you first heard it.