Chaper 1

The sky was getting darker. It was nearly 7:30pm. I was sitting down beside the headstone of our family vault. The cemetery closes at 7.:45pm.

     I lost my Mom and Dad, when I was just a 13-year-old kid, in a car accident. The seat I sat in was supposed to be the most affected one. But, surprisingly and uncannily, I survived.

     After the accident I flew to Phoenix and moved in with my aunt, Margret.

     Margret is a soft lady with a calm voice. But looks are just deceptive. She actually doesn't hover around or bother me much. To be honest, she doesn't really care about me.
     Just eat your food in time and come back home by mid-night, was all she cared about.

     But, now its been nearly a year I moved back to New Orleans, my hometown for high school. I was a sophomore.

     Sitting by the headstone makes me feel like I'm closer to Mom and Dad. I miss them a lot, every single moment. Four fucking years, and the impact of them leaving me alone in this world is still the same. Exactly just like that unfortunate day.

     I leaned my head against the cold stone.

     "Goodbye Mom. Goodbye Dad. I'll come and visit you again real soon. I love you both", I say.

     With that, I stood up and looked up at the sky.

     "Its getting darker", I muttered. "Maybe I should get going already." I sighed and started walking towards the main entrance-exit gate.

      My family vault was somewhere in the middle of the cemetery, so I had to walk a lot to reach the exit. Other people may find it creepy — or even scary — but not me. I always loved the atmosphere here. There was a cold wind blowing, messing up my wavy hair and my white sundress.

     I dusted and patted my dress down, straightning its creases. The wind was cooler than normal today.

     It's just the weather, I thought.

     But, suddenly, all my miss conceptions about the weather vanished.

     A white thick mist started forming all around the the cemetery, engulfing the smaller headstones. It scared the shit out of me.

     "It's just the weather", I kept telling myself. "Don't lose your shit Eva, the exit is close enough."

     I counted my steps to the exit and suddenly the gates close with a loud THUD. To say I was horrified would be an understatement.

     7:45pm, read my cell phone time.

     "Oh God, its just the time to close", I whisper. I start running towards the back exit. It usually stays open till 8pm for the staffs to leave.

     I could hear my heartbeats ringing in my ears.
     Lubb-Dubb, Lubb-Dubb.

     They get even faster with all the running. The temperature seemed to get even lower than before.

     And then, I felt like I could hear footsteps. First one, then three, then five. I could hear them. As if someone is following me.

     "Oh no. This can't be happening. God save me." I kept on praying. I avoided turning back. I felt like something ain't right. Like the footsteps weren't of any normal human being.

     But then, they started increasing their pace along with mine.

     I need to turn. I need to see who they are. Maybe it's just the staffs, trying to help me out.

     That's when I realised that I had lost my way. I wasn't sure which way to go.

     "Be brave, Eva!", I psyched myself up for the worst. And turning around, I saw the worst of worst. The most horrible sight a person could ever see in their life.

     Living, rotting corpses. Following me. Surrounding me in a circle...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

What about this update peeps!?
Lol its 3am here and I'm busy with this book. Its just the first Chapter and I'm already obssessed with the book.

I know! I'm crazy right!?

Lots of love...
~Rose~