Chapter 4

I felt my life slowly ebbing away. I kept my eyes squeezed close as his teeth sunk deeper into my neck. This guy — Prince Xander — was sucking my life away from me but I was helpless against his huge frame.

      "St..stop..", I whimpered and begged him to to stop. But he only took advantage of my helplessness as my whimpers encouraged him more. Tears were flooding my eyes and flowing down my cheek as I stood still to reduce to pain caused due to movements.

      My heartbeats started slowing down, slowly fading away into nothingness. I could only see darkness.

      I am dying...

      But, among the darkness, I saw a flicker of light, a little hope. And the light only grew larger from just a flicker to engulfing me in a white silence. Blankness.

      I could see myself in that white silence, standing alone. My Mom came in, so did my Dad as they both hugged me closer to themselves as if they'll lose me otherwise. Memories started flashing back

      The uneventful car crash, the family get togethers, last Christmas, my birthday, my friends, my first kiss, the garden outside my parent's house where I used to play with the little flowers when I was a kid, the first word I ever spoke, mom dad holding me as an infant as I was giggling in their arms, my birth...
     Everything got rewinded, so fast.

      And then everything again faded back into the white. I was left all alone. But I turned around and saw an older me, happier me, smiling and laughing at something said by the love of my life as he was hugging me.

      If I could only see his face, even just a glimpse of it. He had a fair skin and dark raven hair but his back was turned towards me.

      Maybe I won't die today. Maybe I'll survive...

      I felt that explosive pain once again, only too prominent as his teeth left my neck. And I breathed back to life. I could hear my heartbeats but they were slower.

      I fluttered open my eyes slowly and all the surroundings and memories of the evening crashed into me once more.

      Prince Xander. He... he is a... Vampire.

     My legs were numb and so was my whole body. I felt too heavy. My legs were too weak to hold me upright. I would have fallen for sure if his hands weren't grabbing my waist to support me.

      "You are helpless towards me Eva", he growled as he looked at the wound in my neck. "I told you that I'll make you mine. And mine only. This bite will bound us together. A bite of love."

      He licked and kissed the mark that he      created and pushed my hair aside.
Fuck! It stings, I thought.

     "Oh Eva. Eva. Eva. You are such an art of beauty. So perfect and all mine", he purred.

     Prince Xander took and my left hand and put on a pretty little diamond ring with silver band on my ring finger.

      "This looks so good on you. Like, it was always meant for you, love. I waited a thousand years for this day to come and today it finally did." He admired my hand. There was no denying that this ring was indeed pretty. But I am not his wife. Neither will I ever be. But, I was too weak from the blood lose to even reject his ring. I wanted peace. I wanted rest. I wanted to sleep.

      "Yes my love, you'll sleep soon", he said. But how did he? He didn't even move his lips. I'm definately hallucinating. I'm hearing him in my head.

     I looked at him. "Um.. did.. Did you say...something?", I asked him just to be sure.

     He chuckled. "Oh you mean this?"
I nodded. "Its a part of the bond, baby." Ugh, baby!?

      I looked away. I hated him. I was too tired to fight and argue.

      He picked me up in bridal style and kissed my forehead. "Eva, sleep my love", he said. I saw a genunie smile on his lips.

      Why the hell did he cover up his face? Wish I could see him. He was definately attractive.

      I closed my eyes. My eye lids felt too heavy and it was getting harder to keep them open with every passing minute. I felt him moving, he was definately carrying me somewhere. And I was too tired to ask where. I was kind of thankful.

      Anywhere was better then here. Anywhere was better than this sick cemetery and the even sicker creatures, I thought.

      I heard him whispering "I love you, Eva" as I drifted off to a dreamless sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------

What about this Chapter?
I would love to know your opinions guys.

See you again soon...

Lots of love
~Rose~