Chapter 6

"Amelia?" My voice came out weak. I didn't know a single Amelia.

     But, she sounded gentle and caring, unlike that Prince Xander. He was rude, arrogant and a sick pervert. Egoistic asshole who cared only about himself.
     A cold-blooded Vampire...

     "Yes, Princess. I'm Amelia Trance, your personal maid. Now please come out, My Lady", she said sweetly. After all the groans and his stern cold voice, Amelia's voice felt so calm and peaceful, almost musical.

      I wanted to run into her arms and cry my eyes out. But, Xander already heard me bawling, there is no need for Amelia to see me like a cry baby too. I needed to be strong.

     I was sure I already looked like a mess; I got up. "Coming..", I shouted back at her from the other side of the door. I wiped my eyes and cheeks with the back of my hands.

     I walked towards the full length mirror and stood infront of it. My appearence nearly freaked me out.

     My eyes were swollen, red and puffy from all the crying, my hair — a tangled mess, knotted and sticking out in different directions, sticking to my wet tear soaked face, even my lips were dry, chapped and colourless. All in all, I looked ghostly, my skin was paler than normal, my cheeks lost their rosy tint. No, I wasn't super beautiful but I looked pretty enough if I tried. But now, I liked like a mess, like I just died and came back.

     The bite mark, I suddenly remembered. It was there, a crescent shaped mark. It looked awfully scary and bruised. I touched the bite and winced. "Ah, it hurts."

     I went to the sink and splashed water on my face and neck, removing the sweat and dirt away. This feels fresh, the water is so cold. Wow.

     I take a towel and pat dry my face and tie my messy hair up in a loose ponytail.

     At least I looked presentable now.

     "Princess, are you there?", asked Amelia.

     "Coming", I repeated and ran towards the door and unlocked it, the bedsheet still wrapped around myself, hiding the little modesty that was left.

     Amelia looked at me and a big, bright smile lightens up her face. She had straight blond hair and warm chocolate brown eyes that said 'home'. She looked to be of my age or maybe a few couple of years older at maximum.

     "My Lady", she said in her soft voice. "You are even more beautiful in person than in pictures. I feel so happy to meet you at last."

     I smile awkwardly. "Thanks... I guess."
I liked this girl instantly. Not because she complimented me even when I was ugly, but because all after the scary and horrible incidents,  I met someone who felt closer to me, maybe she was just like me.

     "Amelia?", I asked.

     "Yes, my Princess", she immediately replied.

     "Please don't call me a Princess. I'm no Princess. I'm just a normal girl like you. Call me Eva, please", I said.

     "I'm scared I can't do so, My Lady. Prince Xander will get really angry if he gets to know that I called you by your name."

     "Oh", I said. "Does he... punish you people?" She nodded. "Are you a... human?", I asked curiously. She nodded again. Thank God she's just as human and mortal as I am.

     "Amelia, what type of person is your Prince Xander? Is he dangerous? Abusive? Does he respect women?", I asked again.

     "I'm sorry, Princess. I should not speak ill about my Prince", she looked down, fear as clear as crystal in her brown eyes.

     I went silent and nodded. This guy —so called Prince Xander — he's even worse than I thought.

     "Princess Eva", she speaks up, smiling brightly once again. "Maybe, you should get fresh. You look exhausted. And then, you may rest, My Lady. I shall bring your food over here if you allow me to?"

     I nodded my head. "Thank you, Mia."

     "Mia?", she asked, confused.

     I smile at her and hug her. "Yes, Mia. I'll call you Mia. You are my only friend over here now and I don't want to meet Xander anytime soon", I mumbled, shyly.

     She stiffens at first. "No one ever called me Mia again after my mother passed away", she said silently. She compsed herself and hugged me back.

     "I am so sorry for your lose", I said softly.

     "It's nothing to worry about Princess. Call me as you wish."

----------------------------------------------------------------

What do you people think about Amelia, AKA Mia.

Let me know.

Lots of love...
Uptill next update

~Rose~