Interlude 1

Interlude 1

A random slave, thats who I am.

Sold and bought I ended up a servant  in the imperial harem. I feel that I was quite Lucky, it was quite better then some alternatives.

Every day is mentally and physically tiring, But in the end I have to cope, but I cannot imagine why some ladies with good backgrounds come here voluntarily.

Although in regards to the the situation, it is quite different while those who were sold here usually start at the cleaning and washing department the ladies with good background would gamble their lives and come in as low ranking concubines and even as servants, to catch the eyes of the emperor.

To be honest i don't know why, in all on honesty i think their wasting their time. The emperor already has more then enough children and tough luck getting pass the empress and top ranked concubines, that's suicide.

Even if you enter the palace as a concubine and gain some status you could earn the ire of a high ranking concubine and easily end up like Ren Fei, last year, she had a miscarriage and died followed by her daughter who mysteriously drowned. I doubt it was an accident, well i think everybody does-they just chose keep their mouth shut...

The imperial harem is dangerous. Net work is important but make the wrong one and like a domino effect the strings from the network will pull you down.

If i had the choice i would not be here.

Its stressful, it really sucks.

I was stupid, ignorant wanting to rise my ranks and of course get under the emperors sheets once....

I mentally laugh at myself every time i remember my ambitions, Well first of all the emperor wasn't as handsome as i thought and second of all have you seen the concubines and other servants??? I thought I was a beauty until I stepped into the palace, compared to them my looks were mediocre.

Like any other bought slaves i started of washing clothes, then my rank gradually rose. I was naive trusting people and it almost killed me.

Now I serve a snotty princess.

Have to take care of her annoying feline.

Work with new coworkers who are ignorant.

Avoid traps, scheme back schemes.

Take the right side (AKA the one that wont get you killed).

Basically my life is suicide.

Looking at La Mu who was taking care of the cat and acting like as if she liked in front of the princess made me want to roll my eyes. It didn't really matter cause in a few weeks she's gonna get a new pet and the princess is obviously getting bored.

Not to mention she's in a bad mood because its princess Daquan Fa's second birthday and she didn't like it when her sisters get more attention then her.

It sucks when a higher up gets in a bad mood cause when that happen they'll lash out their anger at you or make you do some stuff....

"Oh! what are you doing, give me the kitty you're holding it the wrong way." Said Li mama as she pushed away La Mu and began to flatter both cat and princess. Whatever she was doing it was working the princesses mood began to lighten up.

In the corner of my eye I saw La Mu clench her fist.

"Hm..." Her eyes flashed darkly as she looked at the retreating figure of the Li mama.

Oh yeah, bad idea if think you're  like her.

Cause there's always somebody more sly then you. Experience is everything.

67 more years until i can get the hell out of here... Though I think I'll be long dead before then.

*mama is basically away to address a older female servant.