Chapter 24

Chapter 25

As i walked down the hall to my mothers quarters my legs felt heavier and heavier. The mood in the palace was dark and heavy.

I don't know why but ever since I've been reancarnated i could feel...hm how can i say this ....mood? aura? presence of danger? Killing intent, yes probably .I think that's what it is. These type of feelings of pressure has never occured in my past life. It's only this life it seems...and it of course has occurred more then once.

Is it probably like those descriptions in novels where the characters can feel moods? Well probably. I just find it so odd and of course scary...

Remembering Gi Huang Guifei mad at that time when she held me made me shiver, that was the first time...

It seems I've grown accustomed to it. No, not the pressure (maybe a bit) but the occurrence of the pressure. Ufufufufu... When your mother is the empress 24/7 you learn that she can get quite.... Stressed.

In front of mothers door I could feel a terribly dark weight in the atmosphere.

Gyaa, and it seems mother empress is in a more worse mood then usual.

I took a peak at the quivering maids and servants beside and behind me and I knew they could feel it to. Hmm, so I'm not the only one. Psh, at least they don't have to go into mothers room alone later. ≖_≖

I'd say they were lucky, but then again because of their status they tend to be lashed out on more, you have my condolences.

"I'm here to see empress mother." I said and the eunuch went in to inform my mother and then swiftly walking out and opening the door for me.

Honestly although in my world if someone were to act mature like me (who looks physically like a 5 year old) they would be taken to the councilors or something. But here it's not unusual, I guess the children learn to act more mature and wary since at a young age 'they were groomed inside the palace by packs of wolves after all' quote mother empress.

And because at a young age they were taught by the pack they also became a wolf trying to tear you apart when ever they have a chance.

I learned the hard way.

At first I was like hmm, I'm a kid what's the problem with acting as a kid and playing with other children? I mean they're just sweet innocent naive children (rolls eyes at my past stupidity ) who just happened to be my siblings. What's the harm they're kids. Ya, famous last words. But a story for another time since I have something more stressing to deal with.

In the lavish room was mother and sitting opposite of her in the couch was Daquan Mu, my older brother. He was facing down not looking at mother. I could tell he was visibly frightened by her. Mother was not pleased....

As the silence continued mother became more obvously displeased. But noticing my prescence both mother and brother looked at me. Of course not only was the atmosphere in the room terrible but also having mothers cold stare directed at me was making things much terribly worse.

Avoiding mothers scary stare I looked down at the floor.
Is it me or is the floor more interesting then usual.

"Fa'er come in and take a seat."

"Fa'er look up at me when I'm speaking." Mother empress voiced in a colder tone then usual. Sigh and I thought I'd get used to her normally cold voice.

Don't get me wrong she's not a bad mom... She has her moments and flaws... Well I try to understand, and I'm sure she has her reasons.

"Fa'er" Mother said impatiently .

Ah- sigh...The floor is looking really good today huh, so much that I wouldn't mind proposing; 'oh darling little floor won't you let me gaze at you forever, till death do us apart~?' I thought as I unwillingly raised my head up to look at mother and walking very slowly to her.

Gulp, and this was only the morning (close to afternoon) and I'm already stressed....

Taking a seat beside elder brother, I just wanted to cower in fear. As I sat beside brother his tense physic relaxed a-bit knowing that he wasn't alone anymore and I was here to comfort (suffer) with him.

You know interesting fact but me and mother are around the same age. Yet in the end I'm mentally and physically still younger. The things the imperial harem does to a person.

I guess the over exaggeration of books and movies about the imperial harem weren't all for entertainment... Oh speaking of entertainment there's going to be a festival soon which is really irrelevant to what's going on right now.

Just trying to stay positive here. ( '∀`)σ)∀')

_____________________

Fa'er: When you take out the surname and add 'er' at the end of the given name it's like a cute endearment hence the way empress calls Daquan Fa= Fa'er