Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"Princess....Princess...Princess..Princess." Listening to someone calling my name I grudgingly opened my eyes. I swear they were glued together.

My head was thumping, and everything was blurry. The woman in front of me gradually became clearer it was Su Zi, behind her was other maids standing idly with fabrics and jewels in their hands. When I saw that I knew... I would need a lot of coffee, but then I realized there was no such thing as coffee here.....

I cried /(꒦ິ-꒦ີ)\

_____________________

The large mirror in front of me was very pretty, The sides were golden and fine delicate carvings were embedded into it. The reflection of the mirror though.....was just too cute. I mean, no need to be a narcissistic but I look freaking
Cute.

Su Zi was carefully doing my hair and putting white powder and blush on me. One of my other 'main' maid was replaced, my new maid was named Meng Meng. I honestly don't know know what happened to the other maid. But Su Zi remained impassive and acted like nothing's changed. Other then that nothing's changed much.

" My lady you look absolutely lovely~. " Chirped Meng Meng
as she continued to sing praises. As Su Zi was smiling the same smile that never reached her eyes as always.

My face was small and chubby and so were the other parts of body. My eyes were huge and my reddish hair was tied into two buns with simple hair ornament decorated on it. Well to be honest all children are cute, have big eyes and stuff (I'm 5 right now BTW). Time past by so fast it still feels like I was just a baby yesterday.
3.3

Today Su Zi and Meng Memg are extra careful about the details in my appearance because it's the 'ladies gathering' that happens at least twice a month.

It's not like I have anything against it (Lies) I mean my first time was really scary and horrible but after that one it was fine ( more lies ) if you exclude the hidden meanings in the conversations. It's just that; to put it simply, it's just to troublesome (Me being in denial) and I have to smile at everyone and everything and be on my best behavior so that "people won't be able to find faults and use it against you" Quote mother.

To bad I'm not allowed to wear my veil in these parties, smiling to much makes my jaw ache. Damn rules and their exceptions.

Ohohohoho. Nothing I can't handle for a straight 6 hour( ≖_≖... That's a lie and you know it.)

"All finished." Meng Meng gleefully smiled as she finished adding small detailed braids into my hair.

As I got up from the chair there was suddenly a knock. In courtesy I 'bid' them to enter. The way I say it is quite weird because every day in the palace is formal so yeah.... Since I'm the princess (LOL every time I say that it feels like a joke) I'm the boss of my quarter and I have to allow/command them to enter my room. Actually I wouldn't know I'm just copying my mother.

A maidservant entered my room she looked at me and gently bowed.

"Nubi greets Princess, the gathering this evening will be unfortunately cancelled as Lady Empress Dowager will not be able to attend hence the cancellation."

The reason why grandmother dowager is unable to attend is not clear, but I won't pry. But anyways....There's no Gathering....There's no gathering~!

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!
(● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾)
Oh hell yeah baby!
Do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around that's what it's all bout! Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Oh yeah yeah yeah yesssssssssssss! High five to me! Celebration! Congratulations! It's a party!!!!!! IMMA GIVE MA SELF A BIG FAT FEAST AFTER THIS. Mm, what should I eat for breakfast. Oh man I'm so happy I love life.

"Princess Daquan Sheng has decided in place of the previous cancelled appointment that she will host a small gathering with all the younger children instead. Given the support of the King and empress of course. Although it might be a little abrupt she invites of you my lady to attend the first gathering." The maid continued on, ruining my celebration. What a party pooper.

Whelp there goes life.