Chapter Nine

Judiah...

My breathing comes out harshly as I stare out the window of the bus. My hand clenched my ribs in attempts to ease some of the pain.
"Mph..." I grunt when the bus hits a bump causing my body to jump in my seat. It was only four-thirty in the morning so when I got home I'd immediately have to prepare for work.
"You alright brotha?" An older black man asks from beside me. I nod my head, keeping my mouth shut knowing it would hurt if I talked. Minutes pass and I find myself walking down the street to my house. Brandi's mother sits on her porch, puffing on a cigarette. She catches my eyes and I hear her gasp before she stands up.
"You alright boy?" She asks and I give her a small smile.
"I'm alright Ms. Washington, don't worry about me." I mumble and she frowns deeply. Before she can say anything else I climb the stairs to my porch. I pat my pockets for my house keys and when I find them I unlock my front door. Quietly I step inside and shut the door softly before locking it back up. Amaru was passed out on the couch sitting straight up. I tiptoe past him and make my way up to my bedroom. I gather up my supplies I'd need for a shower and trail myself down the hallway to the bathroom. I set my clothing on the toilet before walking over to the shower.

I make sure the water is hot before discarding myself of my bloody clothing. Carefully I slip under the water and groan at the feeling. My eyes close and I enjoy the beads of hot water as they paddle down on my aching muscles. I look down, allowing the water to soak my blonde curls and watch as the dark crimson liquid mixes in with the water. It rinses down the drain and I let out a shaky sigh. As I stand and stare my mind travels back to Mary. I hope she was alright, only god knows what her father has done to her. I couldn't help but blame myself for what had went down. I was warned to stay away from her but I failed to listen. My mind and body called for her and I went with it. I clench my jaw as I lean my head back and let the water run over my bruised face. I hiss as the burning water seeps into my cuts but it slowly turns into a pleasurable feeling. Opening my mouth I let the war water fill it before spitting out a wad of blood. I chuckle at myself and shake my head before grabbing my cloth. I loath it with soap and begin to wash my body. No matter how hard I scrubbed I could still feel her kiss, her hands roaming my skin. I felt her soft breast presses against my chest as we held each other.

I wanted her, but I couldn't have her. A groan leaves my lips and I rest my head against the wet tiled wall.
"Why?" I question out loud as I clench my fists. My heart aches in my chest and my throat tightens.
"Judiah? I didn't hear you come in." I here Amaru's voice say. I clear my throat and rinse the soap from my body.
"I've just gotten back not to long ago." I reply as I turn the water off. I reach my arm out of the shower and grasp my towel. I wrap it around my waist before pulling back the glass door fully and stepping out. Amaru stood in the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest.
"Judiah..." He says when he takes in my appearance. My eyes well with tears and I blink them back.
"I'm fine..." I croak and he shakes his head.
"You're clearly not man! Look at your ribs!" He says as he walks closer to me. I look down at my body and cringe at the large dark bruises that covered my skin.

"How the hell did this even happen?" He asks and I drop my head.
"I was caught with Mary... her father came, I guess someone close to him worked at the hotel we checked into." I mumble and walk towards the sink. I cringe once more at my face and quickly look away.
"He did this to you?" He asks and I nod. I look at him through the mirror and he's shaking his head. "This is ridiculous, why, were you caught-"
"We were just kissing..." I admit and he raises his brows.
"That's it? Just a innocent kiss lead to all of this?" He asks as he comes up next to me. A blush creeps across my cheeks and I look down.
"Well it was pretty intense... I took her dress off and... yeah." I finish and back away from the mirror. "It was easy to assume we were doing something else." I say softly and he just stares at me. "I'm going to her dressed..." I say awkwardly and he just nods. I grab my belongings and exit the bathroom and make the walk down to my bedroom. When I get inside I shut the door behind me. A deep sigh leaves my lips as I drop my towel.
"Judiah!" I hear a female scream and I hurry to pick up my towel and re-wrap it around myself. Brandi stood banging at my bedroom window. I furrow my brows and walk over to it.