Chapter Ten

Judiah...

"Run away with me..." Mary breathes against my lips. My arm tightens around her and I swallow the lump in my throat.
"I can't just leave my life behind..." I say and she kisses my lips.
"Please..." She begs and I stare at her for a while.
"Baby..." I trail off and she lets her hands run up my chest.
"Judiah if I stay here with you cops will be looking for both of us! Lets move out of state... we can go to California... I have the money for it." She says before walking away towards her suite case. She quickly unzips it and reveals a mountain of dollar bills that were hidden inside.
"Mary... I-I don't need you money..." I say and she furrows her brows.
"Then how are we going to move? Please Judiah don't make me regret coming here. I-I want to be with you and us running away is the only way I can!" She says as her eyes begin to tear up. I run a hand down my face before gripping her waist.
"What about Amaru?" I ask and she looks down.
"I don't know..." She says softy and I pull her closer to me.
"I can't just leave him behind here..." I say and she lifts her head to look at me.
"I'll give him money... I have more than enough for the both of us... give him a while worths of rent and he'll be fine." She says and I drop my face into her neck.

"You really want to do this baby?" I ask after a while of silence. She nods and lifts her leg to wrap around my waist. I grip the thigh of her other leg and host her up onto my waist. "Lets do it." I finally agree and she smiles brightly.
"Oh Judiah!" She squeals happily and fuses her lips with mine. I chuckle through the kiss and hold her waist tightly. "We're moving to Cali!" She yells loudly making me laugh as she giggles. "We can buy a house... start a family..." She says and I blush.
"You have our whole future planned out." I say softly and she nods, biting into her bottom lip.
"Well I hope you two have room for one more." Amaru's voice sounds from behind us. My face reddens and I set her down.
"You want to come with us?" I ask and he leans against the door frame.
"Yeah why not? Don't worry about paying for me, I got family down there." He says and I look down at Mary. She nods and I look back at Amaru.
"Alright, we'll have to leave tonight, come morning they'll be searching for her. Possibly me too." I say and he nods.
"Well get your things together brotha, lets hit the road." He smiles before turning out the room and heading down the hallway.

"I've got something to show you..." I say to Mary and grip her hand. I lead her over to the closet and release her hand before bending down. I pull the large chest from the back and look up at her.
"What is it?" She giggles and I bite my bottom lip before grabbing the key that was hidden beneath a pile of things that belonged to my mother. I stick the key in the lock and slowly open up the chest. Mary gasps and drops down next to me. "Judiah... where... where is all of this from?" She asks and I stand up.
"My mother... she saved it since I was a small child. My father had given it to her so she would keep me, is a secret." I mumble and she stands also.
"This would last us a lifetime..." She says and I nod.
"I'm going to pack my things then call a taxi service." I say and she nods before walking away and sitting on my bed.
...

"I'm so exited..." Mary whispers to me as we board the train. I squeeze her hand before walking towards the back.
"I'm scared." I mumble back as I watch the many passengers stare at us oddly. She pulls me down into a seat and hugs herself close.
"Where's Amaru?" She ask before tracing the outline of my lips. I flutter my eyes from staring at our surroundings and down at her.
"He's putting the chest with our other things." I say and she nods before sitting up a bit to place a light kiss on my lips.
"Relax Judiah, everything is going to be fine now." She says and I let out a shaky sigh before wrapping my arm around her waist. Amaru comes into sight and looks around. When he notices us he walks over and sits beside us.
"Damn I'm tired." He breathes and I agree with him. I rub Mary's back lightly as the train begins to pull off. She lays her head on my chest and lets her eyes flutter closed. I smile down at her as she slowly drifts to sleep.
...

The train slowly comes to a stop and I bite my lip to hold back my smile.
"Mary..." I call out softly to her, pushing her hair away from her face. "Mary we're here baby... we made it." I mumble in her ear before kissing the side of her neck. She shifts a bit and lets her eyes squint open.
"I'm tired Ju..." She whines making me chuckle. Amaru stretches in his seat next to us before standing.
"I'll start getting our things." He says and I nod. I stand from my seat and stretch my limbs before bending down to lift Mary's small frame. "Alright, alright..." She giggles and I place her to her feet. I grab her hand and we begin to pile off of the train. Amaru waves us over to him and we make our way to him.
"I got that taxi driver over there to take us to the nearest hotel." He says and I nod.
"Alright..." I mumble and begin to grab our suitcases. After we're situated inside the vehicle I lean my head back and close my eyes. "I can't wait to get there..." I say and Mary intertwines our fingers.
"You'll finally be able to relax." She says before pecking my chin. I smile softly and open my eyes to look down at her.

The ride is short and next thing I know I find myself checking into the best room money can buy. Mary pushes our door open and I wave to Amaru before he disappears into his room. I immediately strip out of my shirt and pants and leave them on the floor. I sit onto the edge of the bed and sigh deeply. Mary walks over to me and sits on my lap and cheeses down at me.
"We did it." She smiles and I caress her waist as I let one appear on my face also.
"Yes we did..." I say before she bites into her bottom lip and pushes me to lay flat on the bed.
________________________
🙃comment/vote ❤️