Twenty-Nine - The Rights to Everything

The next morning, Blythe, Chloe, Antonio, and I were called over to the conference room by the lawyer. Yes, even gangs have lawyers. It's unheard of but when we need to absolutely get out of prison, we call Zimmer, who's one of the best lawyers we've ever had.

Like the sisters we've suddenly become, we got up together, and held one another as we sat down with Antonio and Zimmer. Right as we sat down and settled in, Zimmer gave his condolences first and told us he was sorry for not being able to go to the funeral because of business matters which we acknowledged by telling him that it was alright and that we understood.

"Right, I've called you all here today because of Nathan's will," He starts, pulling up a brown envelope and pulling out a paper. Before reading it, he faces the four of us. "Originally, he wanted to have the whole members here as for the reading of the will but he's changed it and the matters will be settled with the four of you."

"Get to the point, Zimmer," Antonio says, impatience in his tone. From the looks of his bloodshot eyes, and circles under his eyes, he was hangover and tired.

With a nervous gulp, he nods but nor before running a hand through his thin line of hair, his eyes run through the paper. "To Chloe, I leave one-fourth of my earnings. I wish for her to be successful in her life and I hope the money will help startup the huge shop of her own she's been wanting to build for years."

Chloe clutches to our hands, her eyes going glassy. "He never needed to do this."

"He thought you might say that," he glances at her and then, back at the paper. "And he also wanted me to give you this—"

He opens his suitcase and takes out a key, sliding it down in the middle.

"—the helicopter key," he finishes.

Our eyes widen.

Say what now?

"Nathan got a fucking helicopter?" Blythe asks, staring down at the key.

Zimmer nods again. "He's purchased it a little a month ago. It was supposed to be a wedding present to you, Ms. Kline and he's instructed me to tell you to, and I quote, 'take the damn thing and fly it to wherever you want to go."

Chloe shakes as she lets Blythe go, reaching for the key across the table. "Christ, Nate."

Nathan had always a giving nature. It was no surprise that he would give Chloe whatever she wanted or whatever she didn't want but I never expected for him to actually buy Chloe a helicopter to fly.

"Now, to Ms. Juniper," He faces Blythe, who looks at him with wariness in her eyes. "I leave you another one-fourth of my earnings. It will be more than enough to give you a fresh start as you go to college and support you for a while. You will also be left with the apartment I brought for you, the rent has been paid off for a year, and after that, I'm sure you will be able to support it on your own. Dream big, Blythe, and never sell yourself short."

I will kill Nathan for overdoing everything but I also will hug him for taking care of everyone he loves.

"Oh my God," Blythe whispers under her breath, staring down at her hands. "I can't believe Nathan did this."

"To Antonio, my best friend and a father figure ever since I was a kid—"

Antonio shifts in his seat, completely nervous. It wasn't as if he was nervous of what Nathan wouldn't give him, no, I think he's nervous of something that Nathan would give him. So, with holding Chloe on one hand, I reach for his too. He glances it for a second before going back up to my eyes.