Thirty-Two - I'm Angry & I'm Confused

I didn't talk to them the whole ride no matter how much they were trying to make conversations. It's one of the things I got used to—being quiet for most of the time. Everything wasn't a new environment, yes, but it sure damn felt like one right after Nathan's death.

              It's just harsh when everything constantly reminds you that no matter how much time passes by, no matter what you do, he'll still be six feet underground.

              Although, I'm not an asshole, I still do nod and smile and have one-word answers for what they're talking about and I manage to say the right thing even though I wasn't exactly paying attention. But it doesn't even matter because throughout the ride, they contradict one another, get into an argument after an argument about certain things like any siblings would.

              And it just. Hurts.

              When Luke parks, my hand is already at the car handle but he catches my arm before I can do anything and I see his expression, telling me to wait. He turns to Caroline who sits behind me. "You go ahead."

              "Why?" I can't help but smile, knowing she's giving him one of her annoyed looks. "We're already going to be late, asshole. Just sweet talk with her later, will you?"

              "Jesus, Care, just go ahead and we'll be there," Luke runs his free hand across his hair in annoyance.

              "You suck." Then, she leaves.

              As the door close, we gaze one another—me more on looking at him with confusion and him just staring at me blankly.

              "Look, if we're just going to stare at one another, I'm going to go ahead so I can not be late in class."

              He lets me go, leans back on his seat, and sighs. "You didn't even try to sleep last night?"

              "I did," I lie. "but I woke up and I couldn't sleep again." Shaking my head, I give him a small playful smile. "Is this your way of telling me that I look like shit? Because if it is, we're breaking up."

              That seems to lighten the mood.

              He beams at me, taking my hand from my lap, and gives it a warm kiss. My breath hitches. He just stares back up at me like what he did was only a simple thing for me to ignore. "You always look incredible. I just want you to get the right amount of sleep because I care about you."

              His lips are on my wrist now, on my forearm, leaving small marks of his kisses all over.

              I feel like my heart wants to get out of my chest by how loud its thumping against it is.

              Screw this.

              I grab the collar of leather jacket and pull him down into a kiss.

              Automatically, I feel like the air has gone out of my lungs.

              His lips are hot, sealing my body into a different world of heat for him. It takes him a second before his hand leaves mine and they're now around my hair, pulling me closer, his teeth biting my lower lip, earning a soft moan out of me.

              Jesus. Christ.

              Luke Thomas can kiss. It's like he's yearning for me, burning for me. I'm left silent, stunned by how he's doing most of the action right now.

              His tongue traces my lower lip, asking for access and I give it to him. Our tongues dance like in a tango, fighting to give one another life. My whole body is on fire at this point, and reasoning comes across in my head where we're in a parking lot in the vicinity of the school.