Thirty - Nothing is The Word

It's been about two weeks and four days and it's when I decided to go back. Blythe was the first one to leave right after the reading of the will. When she went back to fight, they did it the next day and Chloe and I decided to be there for her, cheer her on as she fights for her right to leave. The first opponent was Castillo and she lost to him, ending up with a bloody nose and probably bruised ribs.

              The next one was Nickson, which was just a year older than her, and once they fought, she ended up with a dislocated shoulder but managed to win against him and was finally out. We took care of her for a while until she was ready to go back. It lasted about five days and right after she said goodbye, Chloe followed suit, telling me that she's going back to work, keep herself busy.

              We agreed to stay in contact and make a plan to talk to one another on the phone whenever we all could but it has to be every week. We'll make time with one another because we all knew that right after Nathan's death, we're going to need one another.

              Before I left, I was hugged and patted on the shoulder by each member, telling me to not be a stranger to them and make sure to visit once in a while. Then, I moved towards to Antonio who told me to take care of myself and his eyes glanced at Luke who was behind me at the time, waiting by the car.

              "You sure he'll treat you right?"

              I nodded. "He saved me. I'm sure, he will."

              "And if he doesn't, you give him hell, you hear me?"

              "I hear you. Take care of the gang, alright?"

              And now, I'm on the road, on the way back.

              "You okay?"

              I glance over to Luke, seeing his eyes trained at the road but the concern is evident in his eyes. I nod. "Yeah. Just thinking about what I'm going to say to Philip and Loren."

              Which is true. I certainly had no idea how I was going to answer their questions and if they already knew that I went to my brother's funeral, what would there be any left to say? They'll know I didn't say anything about having family back home but since Nathan's gone, would it even matter at all?

              "Do you want me to be there with you when you talk to them?"

              He asks it so delicately like he was afraid that I would say no.

              I smile at him as he holds out his hand for me to take. "That'd be nice. I'm pretty sure all of them asking questions about my dead brother when they find out that I went to his funeral, it'd make everything a living hell."

              He squeezes my hand tightly. "I'll be there."

              All throughout this process, even though I've gotten some texts from Chris and my friends, checking up on me, nothing will ever compare about how Luke is taking care of me. He's helped me in a lot of ways even though he would say that it's nothing.

              It's not nothing. It's a lot.

              Though I still have nightmares of Nathan's death and also my parents' death, it wasn't as bad as much anymore. Sure, there still would be time wherein I would wake up and try to rip my hair out but it's not as frequent as it was back then. I think it had something to do with having to admit that I need help with everything and when I did, everyone is there to help me out—Antonio, Blythe, Chloe, Caroline, Alison, Zach, Kevin, Chris, Kelly, and, of course, Luke.