Four - A Cliché Welcome

It took about twenty minutes before they parked the car by the driveway of the huge house. The three of them steps out of the car before I could. Philip and Christian opens the trunk and started getting my things while Loren opens my side of the door and practically pulled me out of the car, her arm around mine.

          "Well," Loren sighs in relief, smiling at me as she points at their house. "welcome home, Rosalie."

          This isn't my home.

          "Are you sure that these are the only things you have, sis?" Christian asks, staring at the two luggage that they are carrying. "Like, there aren't any things that they'll be shipping out to you?"

          I shake my head. "I always travel light. Most of my things are back at home anyway."

          I can feel Loren's shoulder sagging beside me but I don't mind it. Having your dead parents set you on to find your biological parents whom gave you up for adoption and you suddenly find them doesn't really give you the best attitude now, is it?

          Before this can get even more awkward that it already is, Philip speaks up saying, "We have about nine extra bedrooms and you can choose which one you would want to stay in. We've heard that you actually love painting so you can paint any room you're going to stay in. Christian can tour you around the place since it's too easy to get lost when you don't really know where you should be."

          As if on cue, I hear footsteps coming towards us. A man, dressed in a suit, maybe in his mid-forties or fifties. He's bald, wrinkles on his forehead, and under his dark blue eyes. He smiles, greeting with his eyes at me. "Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Holland. Is this she?"

          Philip nods, his arm going around my shoulders, giving me a side hug as I fought the urge to slap his arm away from me. "Yes, Roman. This is Rosalie Murdock. She's living with us as of now. I expect that you're treatment to us will be the same to her."

          Roman, the bald man, turns his head around, nodding at the five women who were dressed in blue with a white apron in front of them. I sigh, rolling my eyes.

          Could this be anymore movie cliché than it already is?

          The women, whom I assume are the maids, starts to walk towards us, grabbing the bags from Christian and Philip's hands and then taking the shoulder bag that Loren holds.

          And they walk straight to the big, big house.

          "They're waiting for us inside," Roman says, his hand gesturing towards the house. "Shall I take you on a tour so you can choose whichever room you'd like to take?"

          "Actually," Christian steps forward. "I'm going to take her on the tour. You know, just so I can actually get to know my little sister here."

          "I'm older than you," I interrupt, catching all of their attention. "If you were older than me, then, it might've been the other way around, you know? You would be the one given away."

          "Rosa—" Loren steps in front of me, her hands around my arms.

          I cut Loren off before she can even say anything, just staring right at the four of them. "Look, I don't really want a tour. You wanted me to stay with you and I'm here; now you're pushing me to have quality time already with my biological brother? I don't like being forced so can we just not do this today?"

          They stay silent, staring at me and then at each other, and then back at me again. After a while, they nod in unison, as if coming to an agreement of not pushing me to spend some time with them which was the first good thing that has happened.