Chapter Two

Above is a picture of Lord Masayuki

*~*

"I need you to stop trying to convince and brainwash Yukimura. You don't have the right to interfere in the code of the samurai of the Sanada clan." Lord Masayuki said with an emotionless face to his daughter-in-law sitting seiza opposite him...

"I am his wife and I have every right to be concern for his life." Lina answered simply.

Nobuyuki, Yukimura's elder brother, was seated beside Lord Masayuki... Nobuyuki is different from his younger brother in a sense that he's more calm and collected whereas Yukimura is stubborn and rash in his decision making...

"Father... Let Yukimura and Lina settle this themselves. I'm confident Yukimura won't throw away the honour of the Sanada clan. I'm sure Lina don't expect him to do that too. Right Lina?" Nobuyuki said with an encouraging smile to his sister-in-law.

Lina shot him a quick grateful glance before Yukimura slid the door open.

"Father... I'm ready." he spoke as Saizo and his siblings stood behind him.

"You know what. I've had enough of this! I order you to take a second wife!" Lord Masayuki bellowed in anger as he stared down Yukimura... Everyone immediately went silent in the room.. Except for Lina...

"I've only been married for ten months with Yukimura kun and you suggest this blasted idea? Who died and made you king? Last the whole of Japan know I am the current royalty not you!" she spoke dangerously as her eyes narrowed at Lord Masayuki.

"I believe that's not the usual speech pattern of Hime sama, no?" Hotaru whispered to his siblings..

Saizo and Yuki didn't reply Hotaru as they observed the situation before them... However, Yuki was observing Lina closely...

"Father, please don't be hasty in your decision." Nobuyuki tried to cool his father down as Yukimura looked at his wife with panicked eyes before turning to his father.

"Fa-father please forgive my wife! She-she has been cranky nowadays so she-she might say things she don't mean!"

Lina's eyebrow twitched as she stared Yukimura down.

"Whoever said I'm cranky?!?" she started raising her voice. "If anyone's with the problem it's your father! What kind of father-in-law tells his son to take a second wife when his first wife is still alive and healthy before him?!?"

"If you are that healthy as you claim to be then where is my grandchild?! You've yet to produce a Sanada heir from Yukimura!!" Lord Masayuki shot back with a triumphant smirk as Lina bit her tongue, not answering him...

"Father... Please calm down..." Nobuyuki said in a cautious tone as he shot his younger brother with a look that says "Come on help me out on this!"

"I bet you're infertile aren't you.." Lord Masayuki delivered another sharp blow as Lina bit her tongue harder, drawing blood...

But she swallowed the blood and still didn't answer her father-in-law...

"Father! Please don't say such things! You have no proof that Lina chan here is infertile! Maybe the problem is me!" Yukimura butted in as Lord Masayuki shook his head aggressively.

"The Sanada clan is well known for producing children generation after generation.. So the problem is definitely not you but it's your wife!"

"You know what... I don't have to tolerate this nonsense." Lina muttered as she stood up and stormed out of the room.

Yukimura was about to chase his wife but his father stopped him.

"Stay. I want to discuss our plans for tonight." Lord Masayuki said firmly.

Yukimura was torn between comforting his wife or following the code of the samurai...

"Do we need to stay here?" Hotaru asked as Lord Masayuki nodded his head.

"Yes, you three need to be updated too..."