Chapter 6: Cultivation

"At that time the late queen still wanted for Princess to succeed her," Yenaigai said, still trying to change her mind.

"That woman is dead and her wishes had been buried with her, wherever her burial was." Came the aloof voice of said princess. "If those people have the ability, let them rule."

For something that she never considered hers or never coveted, she wouldn't fight. She was sleeping and was nowhere in a state to claim for anything, that they used such an opportunity, she actually found that quite normal.

"If you've waited all these years for me to take part in it, you've waited in vain for I have no desire for such a burden."

Looking at her white thinly hands, she felt that they should stay clean, not dyed with red. Maybe, in the end, they would be, but for once, she wasn't eager about it. If she should be the reason for a river of blood, she thought, the one who would start it wouldn't be her. In this lifetime, there was no reason to fight. They wanted the throne, let them have it.

Her calm blue eyes stared at the bowed servant in front of her.

"No need to serve now. You can go."

She saw him shuddered.

"Or is it that you can't? What is inside this forest that is so scary?"

He shook his head and lifting his face, she saw his eyes turned even redder, tears dancing around them that he was unwilling to let go and she couldn't quite fathom the reason why this sight annoyed her.

"This servant is unwilling." He said with a surprisingly steady voice. "No matter what, this servant still wishes to follow mistress." He banged his head on the woody floor. "Asking mistress to allow this servant's selfishness."

Huang who was still on his head almost got crushed but fortunately, it quickly woke up and flew to land on the table, not forgetting to voice its complaint in a stream of curses.

"Rascal! Now that you've eaten you've forgetting all about your savior! Human!"

It chirped all its anger at being woke up for some minutes with no one paying it attention, certainly not the only one who can hear it.

Seyran looked impassively at the young man still kneeling in her bedroom, unwilling to get his forehead from the floor. At the end, she still answered him.

"Fool." Her voice had been so cold that even Huang felt a little bit depressed for the young man for a second before remembering how it woke up and now it felt she should add some more nasty words. "What mistress are you talking about?"

"Mistress is still mistress!"

He kowtowed three times, each time knocking his head with more force. "This servant's only wish is to follow mistress."

He was really unwilling to let go and she saw no reason not to allow.

"Do as you please." He lifted his head with a silly smile adorning his face. "Stop kowtowing" she ordered when it seemed like he would do so once more. In the end, he just bowed.

"Thanking mistress." He said with a voice full of emotions.

Silly little thing thought Huang with narrowed eyes. What kind of dumb person doesn't take the chance to get his freedom back?

Yenaigai had a light heart. He really got scared, thinking that this time she would successfully drive him away!

"Still, what is inside this forest?"

"A couple of years ago there were some contracted beasts from the royals that acted like their detectors, telling them each time one set a foot out of the manor. That's when beasts would go rampant calling for blood. This servant didn't dare get further than the manor's gates these last three years."